1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Now that's a lot of pot!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jjdesanto1, Sep 11, 2008.

1. jjdesanto1

jjdesanto1

May 1, 2005
    Warwick, N.Y.
    John DeSanto
    I had to run out to the local state police barracks today after they seized 400 marijuana plants from a local, ummmm... entrepreneur. I climbed into the trailer and posed two troopers bagging the evidence. I was only inside the trailer for about five minutes but the fumes have kept me wacky for the past three hours. Here's the photo which is running on the front page of tomorrow's Times Herald-Record.

Enjoy! (Me? I'm going hunting for a bag of potato chips right now!)

102998719.gif
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2. bigsushi

bigsushi

Jul 22, 2008
    Cotonou, Benin
    Hah! Very well pot...errr put.

3. dutchtrumpet

dutchtrumpet

May 2, 2007
    Dallas
    That's what I call HIGH ISO!

4. jaysinnva

jaysinnva

Nov 1, 2007
    Virginia
    Wow, that is one crapton of ganja!

5. john....
    now that you are back "on the street" a bit... i'm sure you enjoyed THIS shoot
    funny and fantastic

love the "hunting for potato chips" comment

6. Hmmm that looks like my brother inlaws weekly consumption:eek: 
    check this LINK How come I never got to go to any of those kind of fires?

7. wgilles

wgilles

Apr 25, 2008
    NJ
    Whoa, that is a lot of pot

8. Rob T

Rob T

Aug 27, 2008
    SoCal
    I really like the shot a lot. It exaggerates the amount of weed confiscated. What lens and camera?

9. Nchesher

Nchesher

Jul 7, 2006
    Lansing,MI
    I've been to a few of those drug dog and pony shows the cops put on. One was 2 tons of pot. I went to one last month with 50 kilos of coke.

10. PeteZ28

PeteZ28

Oct 5, 2007
    Newtown, PA
    Gives new meaning to "got trees?"

So how many times did you "drop" something and have to pick it up??? :biggrin: Not every day you can catch a contact from the state police!!!

(I jest, of course, I neither endorse that behavior nor have I participated in many, many years).

11. vz223

vz223

Dec 7, 2007
    NJ
    :Smoking:Holy Smokes, Nice grab John. Hope you don't have to pee in a jar in the next 30 days!

12. RichNY

RichNY Guest

John- Wish you had called me to shoot this with you although I think we would have had a BIG lunch afterwards :) 

13. no coment....komant.........comarant.......um comment
    glenn

14. Holmes

Holmes

Oct 28, 2006
    Wyoming, USA
    I don't know which is funnier; John's case of the munchies or the subsequent comments!

Cool shot, John.

15. Careful, that's a lot! You might feel the "effects" from second hand smoke.

16. senna

senna

Jan 6, 2007
    San Jose Ca.
    I am ready for some ice cream.:biggrin::Smoking:

17. RichNY

RichNY Guest

Here's a link to John's images on the paper's web site. http://www.recordonline.com/

Click photos in the middle of the screen (it defaults to video) and it is the lead.

18. StephanieHelen

StephanieHelen

Jun 9, 2006
    Nice one John. Now I am wondering if the trees really smell or you're joking.

19. Man, what a waste! :frown::Teeth::biggrin:

20. " I did not inhale"

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.