1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

"NPU" Neck strap

Discussion in 'Other Cool Gear, Camera Bags, Camera Straps' started by Marzo, Aug 2, 2009.

1. Marzo

Marzo

Jan 1, 2008
    Stavanger, Norway
    Noticed an NPU neck strap on a picture here one day. My D300 strap needs an replace and this looked like the seriouse type like the one on D2/D3 etc.
    But can't finde anything on ebay or any npu shops.

Someone knows?

2. what is "NPU"? are you referring to neoprene?

3. ArtScott

ArtScott

Jul 11, 2009
    WICHITA, KS
    i HAVE gotten away from "NECK STRAPS" and moved over to Crooked Horn Outfitters....BINO SYSTEM ......it puts the weight of the cam and lens to your shoulders and back...now more neck strain and they can be picked up at your local Walmart or Gander mountain or Bass pro or Cabelas.....I am sure other fine outdoor sporting good (hunting/fishing) stores carry them also..........
    Currently I have one of these attached to my Konica Minolta A2, D300+18-200 and my D300+BIGMA........

4. Marzo

Marzo

Jan 1, 2008
    Stavanger, Norway
    Sorry my mistake.
    With NPU I meen "Nikon Professional User".

I dont use the neck strap to hang the camera at my neck. Normaly I hold it by the body og the lence. Or put it back in my bag.
    But like to have the neck strap attached for safety and to twirl it around my arm rest etc.

And i like the bigger once like the one on my D2h and D3 etc. And saw one with NPU logo in that size that I would like to use on my D300.

5. ArtScott

ArtScott

Jul 11, 2009
    WICHITA, KS
    nothing like that listed on the Nikon site....maybe it was a custome made strap????

6. IsamuM

IsamuM Not-quite- Moderator

Jan 11, 2009
    Tokyo, Japan
    Impossible to be absolutely sure, but that strap looks like a rebranded Op/Tech strap.

Although I don't think they're available outside Japan, Nikon has some limited edition Nikon-brand Op/Tech straps at their Japanese online shop:

http://shop.nikon-image.com/front/ProductPSP00161.do

7. Marzo

Marzo

Jan 1, 2008
    Stavanger, Norway
    By looking twice I now see that I was mistaken. I ment "NPS" as in Nikon Professional Service. Found one hit on ebay, for a old D1 with neck strap.

Here is a newer model and it looks like a good strap.

[​IMG]

If there would only be one like this with only the "Nikon" logo on.

8. garyosborne

garyosborne Guest

I agree and while they are comfortable they have the biggest design flaw in history (imo)....cheapo plastic clips to detach it from the camera.. I held it in my hand and came to the conclusion "there is no way in the world i would trust a $1 clip to hold my D300 and 14-24mm" at some point, a knock, or anything may release it...i like fail safe solutions personally.

I have the Kata E-reflex strap, better clips and i have tied it off as well in casae a clip fails

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.