Nuclear Summer

Same setup as before.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
greyflash said:
How did you get the interesting color on this image. I like the shot, barn looks abandoned, metalwork rusted and devoid of people. I would say you have come up with a good title.
Thankyou Gordon. the camera " minolta dimage 7" with the IR filter throws very good false colors. The hues can be creatively manipulated in photoshop.
Her is another example. inverted hue

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

ditto as to what I said on your other shot (canal on mars) I love the colors and atmosphere on these. Do you think its possible to get something similar out of the D70/D100?

jczinn said:
ditto as to what I said on your other shot (canal on mars) I love the colors and atmosphere on these. Do you think its possible to get something similar out of the D70/D100?
I think so. I have not yet tried IR with the d70. but from what I've seen there seems to be enough false color to work with. I Read somewhere the d100 has better IR sensitivity.

N

nfoto

The atmosphere is nice, but the empty foreground detracts from the overall composition and impact of this image. We need to remind ourselves that IR images after all are just that, images. So they must function as such, too.

nfoto said:
The atmosphere is nice, but the empty foreground detracts from the overall composition and impact of this image. We need to remind ourselves that IR images after all are just that, images. So they must function as such, too.
Agreed. it need something. perhaps an animal carcus.
Thankyou Bjorn for commenting.

Craig,

I personally love the empty foreground. For me, it heightens the desolate, post-apocolyptic feel. Well done! IR is something I've never been good at, even in the days of antiquated film...thanks for sharing.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom