Nuclear Summer

Discussion in 'Night, InfraRed, and UltraViolet Photography' started by CraigH., Mar 26, 2005.

1. CraigH.

CraigH.

Feb 1, 2005
    Northen NJ
    Same setup as before.
    original.

2. How did you get the interesting color on this image. I like the shot, barn looks abandoned, metalwork rusted and devoid of people. I would say you have come up with a good title.

3. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Great subject for IR Craig, well done!

4. CraigH.

CraigH.

Feb 1, 2005
    Northen NJ
    Thankyou Gordon. the camera " minolta dimage 7" with the IR filter throws very good false colors. The hues can be creatively manipulated in photoshop.
    Her is another example. inverted hue

original.

5. CraigH.

CraigH.

Feb 1, 2005
    Northen NJ
    Thankyou Chris. :)

6. ditto as to what I said on your other shot (canal on mars) I love the colors and atmosphere on these. Do you think its possible to get something similar out of the D70/D100?

7. Fantastic.......nice detail!!! :) :) :) :)

8. CraigH.

CraigH.

Feb 1, 2005
    Northen NJ
    I think so. I have not yet tried IR with the d70. but from what I've seen there seems to be enough false color to work with. I Read somewhere the d100 has better IR sensitivity.

9. CraigH.

CraigH.

Feb 1, 2005
    Northen NJ
    Thankyou Dawg! :D

10. nfoto

nfoto Guest

The atmosphere is nice, but the empty foreground detracts from the overall composition and impact of this image. We need to remind ourselves that IR images after all are just that, images. So they must function as such, too.

11. CraigH.

CraigH.

Feb 1, 2005
    Northen NJ
    Agreed. it need something. perhaps an animal carcus.
    Thankyou Bjorn for commenting.

12. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Craig,

I personally love the empty foreground. For me, it heightens the desolate, post-apocolyptic feel. Well done! IR is something I've never been good at, even in the days of antiquated film...thanks for sharing.