nun in church

Hi, I managed to grab this shot of a nun in the San Giovanni Laterani in Rome a while ago, but I feel there is more in this picture... Any tips to improve it?
I'll post the clean picture, straight out of the camera.

5657668306_fdbf4d6247.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Nun in church San Giovanni Laterani by valentijnb, on Flickr

That is a nice image Valentijn, maybe the nun could be a little lighter with some local adjustment to have her stand out a wee bit more. Can I show you what I mean?

Thanks Geoff, I also was thinking about something that would make her stand out more, and maybe try to get that distracting reflection next to her to be a bit less distracting, but I am a complete photoshop novice. And yes, please do show :) I need a lot more practice with photoshop, but I like going out and shooting more than sitting behind my desk...

Hi Valentijn, I think it's a very good image, and I think the lighting is fine, the exposure on her face is good so I don't know if I would adjust that.

I really think that cropping out the chairs on the right side, and possible they curtain on the left might make her stand out more. You can crop just slightly enough to leave out the chairs, and still see the nice big columns. I find the chairs distracting for sure, possibly the curtain as well. The highlight on the floor could probably be burned in just a hair, but I wouldn't take it out all together.

Well in my opinion you focused too much on the floor giving the floor more credit therefore the floor stands out and looks huge. This leaves your subject floating and appearing very small.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom