Nurburgring

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by RockACello, Aug 19, 2008.

1. I was in europe for the past month or so and I made one of my stops at the legendary Nurburgring circuit. Lucky for us there was a 6hr race going and I was able to snap these. It was an amazing experience and I suggest any car nut who plans to visit Germany should definitely make "The Green Hell" one of their stops. I told myself that the next time I come here, I'm going to fork over the 30 euro or whatever it is and take a shot at driving on it. I hope you guys enjoy!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. fks

fks

Apr 30, 2005
    sf bay area
    hi marcello-

ah, the holy grail of racing. nice panning shots, but it looks like you could use a little more reach.

ricky

3. yes, everyone's mid-life crisis dream, get your Porsche from the factory and drive the circuit :biggrin:

that was great timing, #5 & #7 are my faves.

4. Thank you. I agree that I definitely could've used more reach, which is why my next purchase is going to be the 70-300VR or the 80-200 f/2.8.

tell me about it... I at first was tempted to drive the thing in the Renault scenic that we rented... :tongue: but the race proved to be much better :biggrin:

5. Globetrotter

Globetrotter

May 4, 2008
    SoCal
    Or the video of me: http://www.veoh.com/videos/v1508324kGYzQr8Z
    (I'm behind the camera bike following. The forward camera wasn't working :mad:)

Awesome pics. The Nurburgring Nordschleife is truly an amazing place. The Dorint hotel adjacent to the Grand Prix track has so much 'Ring memorabilia it's crazy. I agree, this is definitely a place you have to visit (and drive/ride) if you're a gear head.

6. wow, troy
    awesome video
    very impressive
    nice of you to add that here

well done

7. I drove a Porsche 911 turbo on the Nurburgring in Sept. 1991 and it was an experience. I did three laps in different cars.

Your photos are wonderful.......great panning.

8. Thanks for the compliments everybody.

Peter, that must of been one helluva an experience! I'm very jealous! are you a seasoned OTer?

Here are a few more non-action shots that I thought were pretty cool:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Ay Marcello you could have borrowed my 70-300 for this. I forgot if told me you were going to the 'Ring :(

awesome shots! :D

10. Thanks Ryan. It would've been great to use that but, oh well. Its all good! Hopefully next time I'll return with better equipment. haha