Nuthatch and friends..

Discussion in 'Birds' started by kramp, Jan 3, 2006.

1. Some from the yard today, sun actually came out all day.

Redbreasted Nuthatch.
    [​IMG]
    Redbreasted Nuthatch.
    [​IMG]
    Dark Eyed Junco.
    [​IMG]

300 f4 + 1.4 tc wide open 1/60 ttl-bl -1 cropped.

Nuthatches are iso 250 and the Junco is 400.

Martin

2. Well done Martin. Looks like the Nuthatch is doing his store the nuts thing. The Junco looks really well exposed and good and sharp.

Tim

3. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Very nice shots Martin. I assume that these were taken from the blind that you showed us in your earlier post?

4. well done. no sun here for a few days now. Birds are everywhere just not good light. Juncos are here in masses this year.

5. Great shots as always will have to get back out to my feeders if we have any sunny days

6. Johntu

Johntu

Jul 4, 2005
    Fremont, CA
    Great shots, those guys are on the move all the time, it is hard to capture.

7. Great shots as always Martin...:smile:

8. Great Shots! For some reason haven't seen any nuthatches or juncos so far this season. Hmmm, maybe they are all in BC! When you are shooting the birdies, do you always use a flash? If the birds are in trees, would a flash get rid of the branch shadows? thanks!

9. Actually there not I was standing beside the blind frame with the tripod, just didn't have time to sit in the blind, today. The Chickadees were coming over and landing on the frame to take a look to see what I was up to.

Thanks

Martin

10. I like to use the balanced fill flash when working in the shade I helps to freeze the motion and brighten up the subject, usally -1 to -1.7 ev.

Yes it will help fill in a shadow also.

Were abouts is Fox Creek?

Thanks.

Martin

11. Fox Creek is NW of Edmonton about 2 1/2 hrs or 2 hrs SE of Grande Prairie on highway 43 which is called the Alaskan Highway. A little town about 2100 which is situated in the middle of nowhere. We have lots of bush here. I live down the highway 30 km in the "country".

12. Nicely done Martin. I find the nuthatches tough to get a really good shot - I have a lot of rejects!

13. mrtac2man

mrtac2man

Jun 3, 2005
    CT
    great shots of the nuthatch.. have not seen any red breasted but i have just about tamed this little whitebreasted..

[​IMG]

Hope you enjoy

Tim

14. Thanks for the comments, there calling for nice weather this weekend so hopefully I can get some Woodpeckers.

Martin