Nuthatch invasion

Discussion in 'Birds' started by hillrg, Jul 7, 2007.

1. I had a dozen nuthatches running around my backyard today. They were fearless: one landed on the rail right beside me and another landed on my lens while I was shooting.

Did I mention these jaspers never stay put?

[​IMG]

Cheers

2. Glacier

Glacier

Jan 17, 2006
    Boaz, Alabama
    You keep those too? I have dozens of the fuzzies and love em for whatever reason. Wonderful images!

3. Yep - I have a number of blurry abstracts.

4. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Rory,

Nice shots. The past week or so, I've been doing landscape work in my back yard. I've never seen so many birdies out here, including several Nuthatches. They never come around like this when I'm out shooting unfortunately. :rolleyes:

5. Love the last one, the story of my life ....

6. Love the series, especially the last one. I keep a few of those too. I have tried four different feeders on my deck. The last one is supposedly designed for goldinches because they feed upside down. Guess what, any little song bird or medium size bird (for that matter) will figure out how to get seed out of a feeder regardless of the style, including nuthatches!! :wink::biggrin:

7. This seems to be a universal phenomena :biggrin:

8. We have had Northern Flickers and Stellar Jays hanging upside down to get into these feeders too.

9. Love the last one, At least you got a Blurr thats better than the bare branch shot.

10. Now, I do get rid of the bare branchers :biggrin:

11. OK Rory these are great but where is the one on your lens???:rolleyes:
    BTW you are lucky getting the red breasted ones as they take the detail better than the white breasted ones. White and yellow is a bummer for me.
    Lou

12. tech1961

tech1961

Jan 28, 2007
    Houston Tx.
    I love the the shots. I have a few blurs I like also.

13. I have had birds land on my lens before, but not while I am using the camera! Sounds like I need a new lens that can include itself in the shot...

14. Thanks Jimmy. Maybe we should start a thread on blurred bird shots?

15. Great shot with super background. Well done!

Jose

16. Thanks Jose.