Nuthatch

Discussion in 'Birds' started by phillip 200, Feb 14, 2005.

1. Hi All this is one i took last year D1x sigma 500mm HSM + Tc1.4e Mk1

Phillip.

[​IMG]

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Beautifull Phillip :!: :!:

I am very impressed by the sharpness of that Sigma lens. Can you post more with it? I'm toying with getting the Nikon 500 f4, and I would really like to see more with this one if you have them. :wink:

Great first pic post.... :p :p

Frank

3. Really nice image Phillip, I always enjoy bird photo's up close and personal like this. The rim lighting on the bird does add to this photo.

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Phillip,

Thats another beauty.

Boy wish I was strong enough to carry the Hubble Telescope. :>))

Cheers
    Gale

5. Frank

I hope this is ok to do this all with a D1x sigma 500 HSM +Tc 1.4e Mk1 I have had all versions of the nikkor 500 except the current version the reason and I chose the sigma is because of its very light weight I feel it is optically as good as the nikkor but it does have slightly less contrast than the current version. The first image great spotted woodpecker is straight off the camera untouched except for a small amount of USM and my copyright added.

Phillip.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Phillip,

Excellent!! Thanks very much. Do you know if the Sigma will work OK with the TC-14EII and -17EII versions?

Thanks again,

Frank

7. It will autofocus when the little tab has been removed from the converter with the 1.4 I did order a 1.7 but after eight weeks of waiting have decided not to bother and went out and purchased a 800mm F5.6 HSM sigma with the 1.4 on it does not record correct focal length or aperture but exposes correctly and autofocuses correctly and works in all programme modes.

Phillip.

Ps if the 1.7 is physically the same size and protrudes the same distance as the 1.4 it will fit.

8. WOW

That nuthatch is so sharp it is incredible very nicely done as are all the other you added on later in the post, that sigma seems to really do the tick for sure. Keep them coming

9. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Thanks Phillip!!

Frank