NWP Photo of the Day Hurricane Benefit

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JamesMor, Sep 17, 2005.

1. JamesMor

JamesMor

Jun 28, 2005
    New York
    Hi Everyone,

My wife and I have been working on developing a POTD contest for the last week and a half to do something to help out with relief in the Gulf Coast. I have Flew's blessing (thank you again) to post something here to let people know about it. Please note that we are not a registered 503/c so these are not tax deductible contributions - even though the proceeds from this event will be donated to charity.

Some rules (make sure you go read the fine print at NWP):

(1) Photos must be nature, wildlife or pet photography oriented
    (2) There is a $10 entry fee per image
    (3) Files uploaded should be cropped to 1024x768 or smaller.
    (4) Photos will be picked during the month of October for all images uploaded by September 30th (i.e. all images must go in over the next two weeks).
    (5) There is a cash prize (actually, a B&H gift card) that will be based on the number of entries.

I realize that NWP is a small site and that we are not a huge force to be reckoned with. However, it is my hope that we can do something good - or at least really try hard. :)

Thank you again to the administrators here who have given me their blessing to post this here. I hope that people are willing to help spread the word.

Sincerely,
    James
    www.nwpphotoforum.com
    Nature, Wildlife and Pet Photography Forum