1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

NX 1.3: Opening picture control turns off control points?!?

Discussion in 'Nikon Capture and View NX' started by hotrod4x5, Aug 5, 2009.

1. I am working on a photo, I have done some adjustments to the picture control, like changing from neutral to standard, changing the saturation, etc. Then I placed some control points.

Then I decide to go back and tweak the picture control, maybe changing the saturation a bit or trying Vivid or one of the D2X modes.

When I reopen picture control to do that, the control points are unchecked automatically. I can recheck them, and while it is only one click, I can't help but wonder, WTH Nikon is thinking? Why would I NOT want to see my control points when I am going to change some other setting?

Anyway to change this so that all adjustments stay checked?

2. TomaS

TomaS

Aug 3, 2006
    Corrales, NM
    in CNX2 (1.3 probably the same but i forget):

Edit
    Preferences
    General
    Keep all Edit Steps Active

3. Upgrade to V2 :wink: IIRC this option was added in General Preferences: "Keep All Steps Active in Edit List (Requires Fast Processor)".

C'mon, Rodney, Nikon needs another small chunk of your wallet :biggrin:

Seriously, V2 has a ton of good stuff for you.

4. Thanks, I am not seeing it as an option in the preferences in my version. Oh well.

I did the trial of 2.xx and while it has some nice features, I currently am happy with 1.3 for the most part. When I get some extra dough, I will upgrade.

5. It's nice to see that at least one person does not feel compelled to always succumb to using the latest and greatest. :biggrin:

6. Geez, Mike, keep this up and we will have to drum you right out of the "Help the Other Guy Out (of money of course :wink:)  League" :biggrin::biggrin:

7. Rod is one of the good guys, Bill. We'll let him keep his money. We'll work on somebody else instead. :biggrin:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.