NX 2.1 Update blues on Mac - Solved

Discussion in 'Nikon Capture and View NX' started by tuthill, Sep 19, 2008.

1. I'm having problems installing the update on both my Imac and Macbook. After I hit the install icon the install process starts but at some point the install window will just vaporize before commencing the install.

I've downloaded the file 4 or 5 times now using both Firefox and Safari and still no joy.

Anyone else encountered this?

2. jhwalker

jhwalker

Jun 10, 2008
    United States
    No, worked just fine for me. MacBook Pro (Intel), 10.4.11

3. Worked OK for me. Dual G5 PowerMac with 10.5.5.

Ronnie

4. Did you dl the update to your hard drive? If so look at it to see if it is 68 mb in size. If not, the session timed out before completing the dl. That happened a few times to me. I ended up using Safari and just resuming the download. That is where I found out it timed out as it looks good in the finder. Firefox gave not indication there was a problem.

Once I got the entire file it installed fine - Mac Pro running 10.5.4.

5. It turns out the problem was that I have a Canadian version of NX2 and I was downloading the US version of the update. Once I downloaded the update from Nikon Canada it installed ok.

It would be nice if Nikon could build a little more graceful install failure into the update.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.