NX 2 close image/NX2 minimizes bug on Windows 7 64 bit SP1

Upon opening a single image, then clicking X to close the image I would expect that only the image is closed. This action often yields the unexpected result of the image closing and Capture NX 2 minimizing.

I have tried a few different things such as workspaces, closing extra applications running that are minimized etc. I have yet to find anything specific that is related, so I am wondering if anyone else has observed this behavior?

Thanks!

Just ran a test where I opened a single NEF in NX2 on my 64 bit Toshiba laptop running Windows 7. Expanded the image to fit screen then closed it using the X box at the upper right corner of the image. Repeated it 25 times - with no problems. NX2 remained open the entire time. I then did it another 10 times without expanding the image to fit screen. Again no problem.

Were you using a laptop? I have had to turn off the "gestures mode" on my Toshiba and push the "palm check" to the max to gain some control over my touch pad. It still isnt good but workable.

Good luck, issues like this can drive you nuts.

Thank you all very much. I had never seen it before on XP or Vista, and now on Windows 7... I can no longer get it to do this! I am just glad it came and left, I still wonder what combination of things yielded the odd behavior. Very strange and Knock on wood.

PS this was on a Desktop and not a laptop. Also the ctrl + W would work, most times the click is used by habit. My wife calls me "the happy clicker". :wink:

Occasionally it will do the same thing on my 64 bit W7 machine. I just deal with it because to me, NX2 is the only way to "develop" Nikon NEFs.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom