1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

NX 2 question - copying settings from one photo to another

Discussion in 'Retouching and Post Processing' started by kiwi, Oct 4, 2008.

1. kiwi

kiwi

Jan 1, 2008
    Auckland, NZ
    I'm quite partial of using the grey, black and neutral colour control points to adjust the wb and exposure - curves I guess - on a reference photo where the subject holds a whibal card

My problem is that when I place the three control points on the picture then save or copy the resultant settings and paste these settings to the next photo it retains the placement of the control points and then obviously makes a hideous adjustment as the grey point may now be on the face etc etc of the second or target photo

What can I do ?

Thanks

2. if you've used a WB card you can always go into 'camera settings' in the upper right. select 'set color temperature' and then 'set grey point'. an eye dropper will appear. click the eyedropper on your WB card and you should have perfect WB set. right click anywhere in the edit list and 'copy settings'. you can then paste this WB setting in every photo as long as your WB didn't change during the shoot.

as for the black and white control points...i have no idea. :biggrin:

hope this helps a little!

SG

3. kiwi

kiwi

Jan 1, 2008
    Auckland, NZ
    thanks Scott, yes that works, but would still like to use colour points if possible

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.