1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

NX and tiff question

Discussion in 'Nikon Capture and View NX' started by Terri French, Jul 5, 2007.

1. I open my raw images in NX and make several adjustments. Then I click on File/Open with (where I have configured CS2 to be my default editor) and the image opens as a tiff in CS2. These tiff files are huge, often around 50MB. After I edit and save as JPG in CS2, I delete the tiff files.

Is there a way to have the nef open directly in CS2 from NX without having it saved as a tiff first?

Thanks for any info you can give me.

2. TomaS

TomaS

Aug 3, 2006
    Corrales, NM
    Photoshop will not recognize changes you make to a NEF in NX. THe file format used by NX is not supported. I believe that you will see the original image though that is pretty pointless. You must create a TIFF to get your NX changes to be recognized.
    Tomas

3. OK, thanks for the information. I'll just keep working the way I have been.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.