NX and Vista 64...

Discussion in 'Nikon Capture and View NX' started by Desert Rat, Aug 4, 2008.

1. Not sure where some of you are getting your information ...

I have been running Vista 64bit Home Premium with 8GB RAM and run Captuer NX 1.3.4 and have the trial version of NXv2.0 running on my system with zero issues...

2. rsprouse

rsprouse

Jan 25, 2006
    Encinitas CA
    Me too.

-- Russ

3. It's fabulous that you're having no issues, but both the installation instructions and the help screen explicitly state that the system requirements are 32-bit.

4. dwind

dwind Guest

Me three, running vista 64 ultimate with both nx1 and nx2 and no problems.

5. Yeah, and with Nikon View NX and Photoshop it says certified 32 bit editions of Vista and I still run PSCS3 on a Vista 64 system??? With out issues...

6. Add me, too. Vista Ultimate 64-bit, NX2, View NX, PSCS3 - without any issues.

Cheers

7. I_media

I_media

May 16, 2007
    Norway
    I used XP x64 for some time about six months ago, and didn't have any issues with any programs including CNX1.x. But as I didn't see any improvement in performance and never needed more than 2GB RAM (had 4GB installed with XP x64), I returned to "normal" 32-bit XP and 2GB RAM. C2D E6400 CPU btw.

8. CAJames

CAJames

Sep 6, 2006
    Lompoc, CA
    I don't have Vista 64 but friends do/did, and NX2 crashes thier systems regularly. Based on the tracebacks the problem is in the drivers (video and SCSI). So my guess is the problem isn't necessarily the OS itself, but highly system dependent. It is also possible as the Vista drivers get better the problems will go away (although both me friends chucked Vista). It is always a good idea to look for new drivers.

9. bharada

bharada

May 25, 2006
    SF Bay Area, CA
    NX2 runs fine on my laptop running Vista Home Premium x64. View NX, however, crashes. But I haven't tried runnig it in x32 mode yet, since I can just as easily view my D700 NEFs in Adobe Bridge.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.