NX Base Adjustment

Discussion in 'Nikon Capture and View NX' started by Chris C, Jun 11, 2007.

1. I've been messing around with the trial version of NX or the past 4 days. I can't seem to find the Base Adjustment window, or the Edit List title for it. Where'd they hide it?:confused:

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Go to the nikon site and get the video tutorials

Thats the easy way to do it

3. Okay. Thanks.

4. Chris, once you open an image in NX, the edit list, with the Base Adjustment window in it, becomes active on the right hand side of the workspace.

5. Do you have an image open in NX? If you just launch the program and do not open an image, all you will see is a blank Edit List window. This is normal behavior. As soon as you open an image file, the Base Adjustments drop down shows up in the Edit List window.

I highly recommend Jason Odell's ebook The Photographer's Guide to Capture NX.

6. I did go watch the tutorials. I have Jason's book. I have an image opened. What I don't have is an Edit List on the right-hand side of my screen like there was in the tutorials. So just where is it hiding?:mad:

7. OK, under the "window" drop menu, be sure that "edit list" is checked. Then, if it is, be sure it is not minimized.

8. It's checked, Fritz. But I can't find it minimized anywhere. On the tutorials it's docked on the right-hand side of the screen.............but not in my program! The only things active on the right-hand side of my screen when an image is open is the bird's eye view and the Photo Info/Histogram and Watchpoints.

9. Hmmm, that does not sound right.
    If you want to, PM me your phone#, I'll call you and we'll try to figure it out.

10. gvk

gvk

Jun 17, 2005
    Mystic, CT
    Is the entire edit list minimized? That happend to me the other day when I clicked in the wrong place while opening the base adjustment step in the edit list. If this is the problem, there should be a + button on the right frame of the window labeled, Edit List. Just click to get it back.

If you actually have the edit list opened without the base adjustment step, I don't know what the problem might be, since I don't think you can delete base adjustments like you can with other steps in the edit list.

11. Thank you, Fritz. Problem solved.

Just in case anyone else wants to know what the problem was...................

Fritz had me go to the Windows location up on the tool bar and pull down the list and click on Reset Palette Location. Did the trick.

Good man, that Charlie Brown................er, ah, I mean, Fritz.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

12. You're welcome Chris, I'm glad we got it going. A pleasure to talk with you also.

13. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Frits
    thats great:>))))

I forgot all about that command...grrrrr

Glad all is going ok now Chris.
    Sorry I couldn't help you