NX Batch Processing Vs Other Raw Processors?

Discussion in 'Nikon Capture and View NX' started by PhotoByMark, May 27, 2007.

1. I recently bought (upgraded) to capture NX 1.1, from NC 4.4. I still use 4.4 but wanted to give a NX another try. 1.1 seems improved over the last time I tried NX (beta version). I still do not like the interface but I like the things I can do with NX and the final output is nice as well. I was hopeful the batch processing speed would be improved. Not really IMO. NX batch is very slow, at least on my PC.

My questions are:
    1) Are there any tricks or settings in NX that can speed up processing?
    2) How does NX batch compare to CS3, Aperture, Bibble? As far as batch processing speed and quality?

Note: I still find myself using RSE for ease of use and fairly quick batch processing and still am searching for a RAW Processor where I can process a large group of pictures fairly quickly. I do use NC and NX and CS3 for editing/processing for that 1 or 2 pictures that I really like and want optimal results.

2. I am pulling at big fat zero on this thread......

No one minds that NX takes like a 100000000 years to process 200 pictures??? NX is great for 1 image but dang trying to crank out couple hundred pictures and having to wait till my next birthday is just way to painful for me. Maybe it is faster on a system with like 400 processors (I just have 1).... LOL.

Still, I like the processing power of NX and final image quality.

3. I haven't found anyway to batch process quickly. Especially to save takes way too long. I hope that it speeds up in a later release because as you pointed out nicely, the quality is hard to beat.

4. I don't have a solution. I just upgraded from NC 4.x to NX 1.1 last week. I don't do much batch, mostly one-by-one on the ones that deserve to be keepers. I am still not convinced on how can you apply a standard set of changes in batch mode to dissimilar photos. Surely speed would be nice too.

5. AirTimid

AirTimid

Feb 17, 2006
    Nova Scotia
    Noise reduction GREATLY slows down batching.