NX-D freezes when "filtering" is selected.

I'm busy processing a few thousand images - each time I click "filtering" the program freezes and gives a 'beep' each time I try to do something.
I don't use the program a lot, generally only when processing multiple RAW images from a wedding shoot, like today. I can select filter
ratings etc. but just when I click on "filtering" it freezes. I wasn't actually sure what the option did anyway - any ideas?

You sometimes get that when a window pops up asking for a decision on how to proceed. Problem is that sometimes that little window is hidden by other windows. Minimise everything so that you can look to see if this is the case?

probably not, but worth a try?

Dg

You sometimes get that when a window pops up asking for a decision on how to proceed. Problem is that sometimes that little window is hidden by other windows. Minimise everything so that you can look to see if this is the case?

probably not, but worth a try?

Dg
Thanks, I'll give it a try :)

I'm busy processing a few thousand images - each time I click "filtering" the program freezes and gives a 'beep' each time I try to do something.
I don't use the program a lot, generally only when processing multiple RAW images from a wedding shoot, like today. I can select filter
ratings etc. but just when I click on "filtering" it freezes. I wasn't actually sure what the option did anyway - any ideas?
Filtering requires searching each file inside for metadata and comparing it to the filter option selected. This is a lot of work for the computer. You may be comparing this operation with filtering by catalog software which Nikon software is not.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom