1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

NX:Gen - Commands - NX help request - invert a negative?

Discussion in 'Nikon Capture and View NX' started by califlefty, Jul 12, 2008.

1. califlefty

califlefty

Apr 7, 2006
    Hi forum folks. I downloaded the trial on NX2, and first opened up a BW jpeg, and NX gave me an error that it couldn't handle that "color mode" (this is a jpeg!). So I opened up the TIFF of a scanned negative, no problem. In photoshop I hit "invert" and now I have a positive image to work on. Can someone tell me how to invert a neg to a positive in NX? Many thanks.

2. DrJay32

DrJay32

Oct 14, 2006
    Colorado, USA
    You can do it with the Levels/Curves tool by inverting the curve. Move the black point to the top left of the histogram and the white point to the bottom right of the histogram.

I have a settings preset that can do this for you; I'll email it to you if you contact me.

-Jason

3. califlefty

califlefty

Apr 7, 2006
    thanks, I'll play with this a bit first to see if it works for me.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.