NX NEF to JPG

Discussion in 'Nikon Capture and View NX' started by paradiddle, Jul 29, 2008.

1. paradiddle

paradiddle

Jun 1, 2007
    U.S.A
    I would like to convert a whole directory from NEF to JPEG - Large.

I have edited everything in NEF (RAW). I don't want to have to open all those files again.

Thanks,

2. NX2? Use the "Batch" processing option.

3. Click on Help. Search on JPEG. Click on "converting nef raw files into jpeg or tiff files"

4. paradiddle

paradiddle

Jun 1, 2007
    U.S.A
    Thanks - I did the search. It has been a long time since I have done it by batch and could not remember if there were gotcha's that I was missing.

I have not updated to version 2.x yet. Should I?

5. paradiddle

paradiddle

Jun 1, 2007
    U.S.A
    Tom -

I just got an email where I can upgrade from PS Elements 6 to CS3 for $300 - but I have to do it by tomorrow. I also have the NX upgrade which I haven't even priced. Everytime I start NX and it says an update is available I click ignore. I really need to not spend any money on photo stuff this month.

BTW - I am envious of both your and Mike Buckleys NX knowledge. However, I have developed Adult ADD and have problems following your longer post. Thank you very much for the help.

6. As long as you have a legal copy of NX, the upgrades are free! If you want NX2, though, you'll have to pay for that.

7. Chris, I think the clarification is that the maintenance updates are free but the upgrades generally require payment. NX2 is an upgrade, not an update.

8. Sorry, I'm not up on all the terms on all this computer stuff. I'm lucky I know how to turn the durned thing on! :biggrin: Thanks for straightening me out.

9. paradiddle

paradiddle

Jun 1, 2007
    U.S.A
    Thanks all. I still havent upgraded to NX2.

10. DrJay32

DrJay32

Oct 14, 2006
    Colorado, USA
    Open the NX file browser and select the images you wish to convert to JPEG.
    Choose "Save As..." from the file menu. Choose JPEG as the file type in the batch dialog box.

-Jason

11. paradiddle

paradiddle

Jun 1, 2007
    U.S.A
    Thanks Jason! I learned alot from your ebook.