1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

NX2 Batch Process SLOW?

Discussion in 'Nikon Capture and View NX' started by jfenton, Aug 24, 2008.

1. jfenton

jfenton

Jan 26, 2005
    Haverhill, MA
    I frequently shoot just NEF's and batch convert to JPEGS for slection using a simple .set file.

NX2 seems slower than mollasesd as compared to NX...and NX itself isn't exactly speedy.

Does anyone know of any work arounds ?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2008
  2. Jim, did you only convert to jpg or also some other modifications during the batch process? I just ask because I cannot imagine using a .set file for just a simple NEF to .jpg conversion.

When I just convert I open the browser, mark all images in that folder or only those I want converted and then go "save as". This also opens the batch dialog, so its practically the same. Did some conversion today and it took NX2 about 15 mins. to convert 200 D3 NEFs to .jpg (best quality).

Tom's Cache advice should be heeded, though. Once the cache is full it slows down NX substantially. Never happened to me because I have assigned plenty of space to the two caches (on a separate drive - BTW)

Cheers

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.