1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

NX2 can't tab within unsharp mask

Discussion in 'Retouching and Post Processing' started by Cleanimage, Aug 18, 2008.

1. Has anyone else noticed that you can't tab between settings in unsharp mask in NX2? Nikon made some improvements with their new software but this is one place where they made it more combersome to use.

2. cosilver

cosilver Guest

Yep, this little change is annoying to me too - it used to be so simple and quick to tab through those settings. Other than that, I think NX2 is a wonderful improvement.

3. madone

madone

Jan 9, 2006
    Connecticut
    Yes, this is very annoying. Have you submitted a ticket to Nikon support for this issue? If not, please do so.

Nikon Support

4. John,

I find this cumbersome as well.

Glenn

5. Tabbing works fine for me in USM box in NX2. you guys running PC or Mac?

6. madone

madone

Jan 9, 2006
    Connecticut
    Win XP Pro SP3 PC

EDIT:

OK here is something weird that maybe someone else can test for me

It looks as if the TAB key works in the UP direction not DOWN (as it should be)

ie: Choose the Threshold Box in the USM tool, hit tab 5 times, and the cursor jumps UP to Radius. 2 more times get me UP to Intensity.

7. I'm using a PC with Windows XP.

8. i'm running a mac. it must be a PC thing as tabbing works for me just as it does in any other photo editing application that has USM.

9. I reported it to Nikon and the technical rep. responded that he would report it to the Quality Assurance Team. I don't look for anything to be done in the near future.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.