NX2 Color Picker

Discussion in 'Nikon Capture and View NX' started by Gaius, Aug 14, 2008.

1. Gaius

Gaius

Jul 1, 2008
    U.S.A.
    If we set a Color Control Point on an image and open up the Color Picker, then the Color Eyedropper can be used to select a color off the image which is then assigned to the C-Ctl Point. The Nikon DOC says:

The color eyedropper enables you to select any color from any image currently displayed within the Capture NX 2 editor. Simply select the color eyedropper button and then use the cursor to select a color from any image currently displayed within Capture NX 2. The color displayed within the color picker will be updated with the color selected by the color eyedropper.

I read any color from any image currently displayed within the Capture NX 2 editor as if I have a second image open, I can pick a color off the second image and transfer it to the first. However, this does not work and as soon as I move the cursor to the second image, the eyedropper disappears and will not pick a color other than from the image on which it was opened. In fact, as soon as the Color Picker is opened, I can’t even shift window control (mouse focus) to the second image since it is locked.

Anyone else see the same problem?

2. Jim, when you pick the color from the "other" open image, make note of the RGB and CMYK values. The parameters for a third color system that I don't remember are also shown. Apply those numbers to the color wheel in the image that you want to alter.

However, beware that the last time I tried altering the numbers, they didn't always stick. That was in NX. I haven't tried doing it in NX2.

3. Gaius

Gaius

Jul 1, 2008
    U.S.A.
    Mike:

I know I can close the Color Picker, go to the other image, sample the desired color, write down the numbers, go back to the first image, open the Color Picker, and plug in the values. It seems that the process should work as described in the DOC -- at least as I read it.

Jim