NX2:Gen - Commands - Cropping

Discussion in 'Nikon Capture and View NX' started by bradNYC, Jul 7, 2008.

1. bradNYC

bradNYC

Mar 28, 2008
    NYC
    I cropped an image and now the original is cropped. Anyone know how to get back to original uncropped? Thanks.

2. I don't understand how that can happen. I'm so stumped by that that I've got to ask some basic questions.

Did you save the file, open it, and bring up the version titled "Original?
    If so, did you use Ctrl-0 to ensure that the image is being displayed full screen?

EDIT: A new idea -- are you referring to a NEF, JPEG or TIFF? If it's not a NEF, the only way to revert to the original uncropped version is to open the NEF.

3. DrJay32

DrJay32

Oct 14, 2006
    Colorado, USA
    If you have saved the file as a NEF, just delete the Crop step from the Edit List. If you cropped a TIFF (or JPEG) and saved as a JPEG or TIFF, you can't go back.

-Jason

4. bradNYC

bradNYC

Mar 28, 2008
    NYC
    Oops, my bad, I opened in NEF, but I didn't realize that I saved as a jpeg. I found the original. Whew. And just to test it, I cropped severely...save nef...closed and reopened. I noticed it was cropped just like I saved it. But I was able to revert to "original" version. Thanks for the help. BTW - I'm really liking this NX2. IMO - so much easier to learn than CS3.

5. Brad, you might want to get in the habit of always naming the last saved version even if it is the only version that is not the original. I follow Jason's great idea of always naming it "Master." Once you're in the habit of naming all saved versions, you will never lose access to a version.

6. bradNYC

bradNYC

Mar 28, 2008
    NYC
    Thanks, your advice is very good. I will definitly do that.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.