1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

NX2:Gen - Performance - Running NX2 and other software

Discussion in 'Nikon Capture and View NX' started by Stephan54, Jul 11, 2008.

1. Stephan54

Stephan54

May 13, 2006
    Netherlands
    In a thread a few lines below I described some problems I experienced with Capture NX2. I am now back to Capture 1.3 that came with my D300.

Looking for a cause I found this message on the Nikonwebsite:
    Note that this software cannot run simultaneously with Nikon View, PictureProject or Camera Control Pro.

Would that also include Nikonview NX, if so, that may be the cause of my problems.
    Anyone knows the answer (asked humbly)
    Thanks

2. Not sure what the problem is Stephan, I run View NX and Capture NX2 simultataneously on Vista 32.

What OS are you running?

3. jafo

jafo

Jun 11, 2008
    Chatsworth, CA
    I also have Nikon View NX and Capture NX 2 installed and use both. Windows XP SP3.

4. Stephan54

Stephan54

May 13, 2006
    Netherlands
    Thanks both. With NX 1.3 there is no problem (neither alone or with the other software).
    NX2 will load, and when I close it down it will sometimes reopen and sometimes the hourglass comes on and quickly disappears, meaning NX2 will not open until I power off the pc and restart the pc. When I power off NX wants to inform MS about the error.
    I use XP pro SP2 with all the updates, pentium 4 2.4G and 2G ram. Standard software (office, ...)

I put the question about the software because of the note on nikon uk.

Quite frustrating not being able to use the new software.

5. jafo

jafo

Jun 11, 2008
    Chatsworth, CA
    Good luck. I hope they can help you. I feel your pain. :( 

6. Stephan,

It sounds like something is missing in the NX2 install, and CNX2 cannot find its way to wherever it is going.

Have you tried the steps in the "Sticky" threads at the top of this subforum?

The only thing I might add is to go ahead and install XP SP3 first.

7. jim hughes

jim hughes

Jun 12, 2008
    Minneapolis
    Nikon is saying that NX can't run simultaneously with Camera Control Pro? Unbelieveable.

8. I_media

I_media

May 16, 2007
    Norway
    Sounds strange to me. I have no conflicts running and using Capture NX2, Camera Control Pro2 and View NX at the same time.

9. Stephan54

Stephan54

May 13, 2006
    Netherlands
    Thanks to all for the reply and advice. An update (hope my remarks point to the cause)
    I have a German XP Pro, checked the installed software and only saw the net 2.0 sp1, and not the original net 2.0. Wanted to install the German version of .net 2.0 but got an error (incompatible programmes), so I deinstalled the SP1 version, installed German language version net 2.0 (appeared in the software list) and then installed the SP1 which appeared in the software list, but removed/deinstalled .net 2.0 (is this normal?)
    View, Capture nX 1.3, Transfer did not want to start up after that, so I deinstalled the three of them and re-installed.
    Question:
    I always install the English versions of Nikonsoftware because most forums are English language ones.
    The cc++ pack was installed with View (probably English - had no option to choose-so will a German XP and English cc++ give trouble.
    I am reluctant to deinstall it, because that may cause my Nikon software to stop functioning like it did after deinstalling NET.

At the moment: ViewNX, Capture NX 1.3.3 and Transfer 1.1 are running (only tried them for a short period). Took me quite some time uninstalling and installing. I feel a bit uncomfortable to install NX2, since I do not know if the English cc++ pack will cause problems when upgrading to the sp1 version. In addition, after opening Software again, I saw three versions of NET listed (2.0, 2.0 SP1 and 3.5), but with DEU (German) behind them. So language plays a role. Now see if c++ is also language dependent.
    Your advice is more than welcome.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2008
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.