1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

NX2:Gen- Selection/Neutral Control Points

Discussion in 'Nikon Capture and View NX' started by gnagel, Jul 24, 2008.

1. I would like to share something I've been using recently when processing images in NX2.

Here's an image that I captured a few days ago--which I converted to jpeg using Capture NX2. Note the green background as well as the color of the plant...

p692816388-5.

Then, I processed the image again using the following technique. Using the Selection Control Point function, I selected everything EXCEPT the plant. I then used a Neutral Control Point and moved it around the background until the background color was modified to my liking. The colors shifted to a more blue/purple pastel look--except for the plant (as that was not selected for any adjustment). Here's the result...

p668775677-5.

I then selectively sharpened the image so that only the plant was sharpened and the background was left alone.

Thanks for looking...
    Glenn

2. Nice job Glenn, I like it.

3. Very creative, Glenn, as usual. Very well executed, as usual.

4. Thanks Bill

5. Thank you Mike

6. Tom,

I really like what you've done with the second image.

Thanks,
    Glenn

7. Very cool tip! I agree it really enhances the photo.

I love reading posts like this. It is so great to get beyond the "problems" people often write about and trade experiences of the fun stuff you can do with NX2!

My only (unsolicited) CC would be to apply a bit of NR on the new background, as lightening it seems to have brought some noise.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.