NX2: US Avaliability?

Discussion in 'Nikon Capture and View NX' started by MikeT, Aug 5, 2008.

1. I ordered NX2 (full version) along with a release cord for my D300 yesterday from B&H which displayed both items as in stock when I placed my order. Checking the order status this morning shows partial shipped. Checked the shipping details shows that the release cord shipped but not NX2. I open B&H website to check the stock of NX2 and it now shows out of stock. :frown:
    It was in stock when I placed my order. Bummer!

I plan to call them to ask how long it will be before they have NX2 back in stock. If it is going to take three weeks or more then I'll cancel the order and order from CDW (out of stock also) as thier price is $30 less than B&H.

Doing a search on the net shows many sites are out of stock. They must be having a run on the new version. Is this old news?

I have 21 days left on my trial so hopefully I can get it before then.

MikeT

2. The reason for the run on the software is that is has just been a little over 60 days since it was released under the Trial Version. The Trial Versions are running out, time to buy.

You could go online and purchase the Key for it though.

George.

3. True. I could go to Nikon Mall and purchase it from them as a download. I did want a boxed version though. I'll give B&H a call to check the back order status on it when they open.

Thanks,

MikeT

4. TomaS

TomaS

Aug 3, 2006
    Corrales, NM
    Amazon has the upgrade and full version in stock. I just got my upgrade from them (actually J&R). They shipped it quite quickly. Got it a week after I placed the order.

5. liftoff

liftoff

Dec 21, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Same as above, received mine (Full Version) yesterday.

6. I saw the full version ad on J&R but it didn't indicate if it was in stock. Most of the time I get my order within three days from B&H.

Thanks,

MikeT

EDIT: It looks like I may be going to Nikon Mall for the download version. B&H says two weeks for them to restock.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2008
  7. My thoughts, for what they are worth, are that NX2 has a few (will, maybe a bit more) bugs than normal for a new version. I placed my order on 7/9 and a few hours later the site (Nikon Mall) showed out of stock. I received the order on 7/25, even though the web site has continually showed "out of stock."

I had some difficulty with the software and called tech support. Seems that NX2 doesn't like USB external drives (where my photos resided). I have read of many other issues as well. So, perhaps, these issues are being addressed and an upgrade "fix" is in the works. In other words, waiting to ship the 2.01 (?) version. I will give two-to-one odds that an update is close on the heels of this new version. And yes, I had the previous version and love the program - even with its faults (but they still need fixing).