NYC: Big Apple Streets

Discussion in 'Photojournalism, Candids and Street Photography' started by Dez Santana, Sep 25, 2008.

1. D300 and 17-55mm lens around some of Brooklyn's streets.

Hasidics On Ross Street [1/125 at f/9]
    [​IMG]

Hooper Street [1/250 at f/9]
    [​IMG]

Flushing Avenue [1/50 at f/9]
    [​IMG]

Williamsburg Bridge Footwalk [1/160 at f/9]
    [​IMG]

Lorimer Street [1/200 at f/7.1]
    [​IMG]

West Street [1/1000 at f/2.8]
    [​IMG]

2. Looking good Dez!! Do you work?? It seems like you're always walking around NYC... :biggrin:

3. JusPlainCrayzee

JusPlainCrayzee Administrator Administrator

Lunch hour, right, Dez?? :wink:

Anyway, good stuff - 3/12 more weeks and counting...!!

4. Yes, I work daily :biggrin:

Thanks!

5. Thanks Lyndee!

6. great shots dez, the flushing ave and williamsburg bridge shots are my fav. bit windy today in town.

7. Thanks Shing.

Curious, why do you like the Flushing Ave photo?

8. I too like those same 2 pics. If the words were missing, it would be boring. But they unbalance the two windows graphically (and therefore add visual tension), as well as portraying a common part of life (+SI) which often seems taboo. VERY well done in my amateur view! :smile:

BTW, how far are you walking on these walks.....several miles?? :smile:

9. mood

mood

Jun 27, 2007
    suburbia, ny
    nice job as usual Dez

10. Thanks Gretchen. Normally I would just walk past that condemned building but the words written on the wall stopped me.

Actually, in this session I was in my car killing time :rolleyes: 

11. Thanks Frank :smile:

12. JusPlainCrayzee

JusPlainCrayzee Administrator Administrator

In the Flushing picture, it's the words that make the photo. Actually when you look at it, its pulls you up short. I found myself wondering about the person who wrote it and did they really mean it?

13. Yeah, that's what I thought too when I saw it. Must be someone down on their luck :frown:

Thanks Lyndee.

14. kpstatz

kpstatz

May 13, 2008
    NYC
    Great shots, Dez.

15. Thanks Klaus-Peter :smile:

16. i think you look at the wall which is pretty dire looking and the message scrawled across it best describes how i would feel if that was my existance.

17. and gretchen did a much better job describing the impact of the Flushing shot.

18. Ok, I was just curious.

It impacted me the same way when I first saw it. It is rather "bland" but the writing on the wall is what triggered me.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.