1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!
  1. D300 & 17-55mm lens in Manhattan. ISO 200.

1/250 at f/2.8
    [​IMG]

1/80 at f/4
    [​IMG]

1/40 at f/2.8
    [​IMG]

1/20 at f/2.8
    [​IMG]

1/30 at f/4
    [​IMG]

2. Dez,

I enjoyed viewing each of these photos. Very nice work!

Glenn

3. Dez, and for others who shoot street portraits - what percentage of time do you ask permission vs not, and of the times you don't - what percentage of time does the subject let you know they aren't pleased?

I just typically hang out shooting in the mountains and woods - and have always wondered about the street shots.

Nice shots Dez (I'd guess you shot without the subject matter knowing on 2, 4, & 5, and maybe asked 1 & 3). But Im curious in general...

4. Thanks Glenn :smile:

5. I don't shoot too many candids of people but when I do, I don't ask. If someone objects, that I would refrain from photographing them.

All of these people saw me point the camera, probably with the exception of the girl on the phone. She was preoccupied.

6. Great shots Dez, always enjoy looking at your contributions to the forum. Can't wait to go NYC, will be there from Friday then going to hit the streets.

7. mood

mood

Jun 27, 2007
    suburbia, ny
    great stuff Dez

esp. like the last one...

8. Thanks guys :biggrin:

9. Nice series Dez ..........

Best,

10. bradNYC

bradNYC

Mar 28, 2008
    NYC
    these are very nice, I notice you used the 17-55...GUTSY!!!

11. Thanks :smile:

12. nice work Dez...like the B&W work on the Asian girl.

13. Thanks Chris!

14. 180q

180q

Jan 6, 2008
    Northeast

Oh, she was on the phone?! :wink: Nice shots Dez!

-Chad

15. Yes, the woman w/the pink shirt in photo #4 was strolling on the phone.

16. Wow, the 17-55? NICE! I like these a lot. Were you mid street to shoot #2?

17. Yes. I saw these guys taking a break on the curb, so I stopped to photograph them. As you can see, one guy took his apron and covered his head. I guess he's got something to hide :confused: 

Thanks!

18. Good stuff as always Dez!! One of these days we gotta hook up!! Let me know.

19. liftoff

liftoff

Dec 21, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    The subject matter isn't all that interesting but very cute nonetheless!

20. Thanks and no problem :smile:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.