NYC - Metropolitan Museum of Art

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by JerseyJay, Sep 14, 2005.

1. I visited Metropolitan Museum of Art many times. Each time I find something else to photograph and enjoy. Great place !

mat11.

mat12.

mat15.

2. Well done, love the last one.

3. hans

hans

Feb 5, 2005
    The Netherlands
    Jay the rough lips are kissable ,excellent work

4. Thanks Gordon !.

Go for it Hans !

5. The last shot does it for me very well done

6. patrickh

patrickh

May 4, 2005
    Thousand Oaks
    Nice captures under very difficult conditions. What lens? Tripod?

7. Especially nice work Jay! Are there may restrictions on photographing stuff there? I live in Washington DC and might journey there for a day's shoot.

Rich

8. Thanks Mike !

Patrick,
    Thanks for your feedback. Conditions are not the greatest but not bad either. All those pictures were taken with 12-24 f/4. No tripod. The only trick to it was putting lens on the glass covering the exhibit. ISO 300-400.

Rich,
    Thanks for your feedback.
    Security people are all over the place and WILL NOT let you touch anything. However big portion of exhibits are behind the glass and you are allowed to touch the glass with the camera. Make sure you have 12-24 though :) Good luck and enjoy !

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2005
  9. Nice shots Jay, Did you drive in or NJ Transit

Anthony

10. Anthony,

I live in Clifton, NJ. Drive in is about 20-30 minutes through traffic. Try to park the car on the street between 76-82. Paid parking is about 30$. Keep that in mind. Plus the tunnel.

11. Same here. I guess, that it's a fragment makes it even more interesting.
    Cheers

12. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    Hi Jay,

The Met is such a fun place for photography. Tripods are welcomed during the week if you register at the info desk. This fall when it gets dark early, I plan to go and photograph the Dendur Temple . I heard the lighting is magical.

Thanks for posting these very artistic images

Regards

RFC

13. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Nicely done, Jay...beautiful colors and great detail.

14. Robert,

Thanks for feedback.

This is exactly what I thought. I will end up doing the same later this year.