NYC pics

I scanned in some of my old negs recently...

newyork04.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

newyork08.jpg

newyork09.jpg

newyork01.jpg

Scanned on a Coolscan V (until I get my darkroom gear cleaned up and back in action :D )

#2 is a great shot, but #3 is the star for me - the similarity of the rooflines really make the bill board "pop" in the frame, and the tone and grain is super.

Real Name
Chris
Nice work. #2 seems to be from a different series though. The lines and angles of 1, 3 and 4 seem to build on each other.

I can also appreciate your statement about getting your darkroom gear set up. I'm wanting to do the same. My enlarger hasn't moved, but the room is no longer light tight, nor is there any place for a wet area, so for now it's just imaginary.

M

matthew.paul

Nice series! Love all of them, but #2 is amazing! A very classic NYC street shot. Please, keep them coming.

Thanks for everyone's comments. I see what you mean Chris101, #2 does seem like it's from a different series. All shots were from the same trip to NYC in 1985.

The second shot is one of the few in the "street photography" style I have ever taken even though I'm a huge fan of the genre. I rarely had the nerve to get in people's faces back then. I revived my photography passion after a 15 year hiatus last year and would like to attempt more street photography but my D200/F100 is so conspicuous I'm not sure how easy it would be. I'm starting to understand the Leica appeal :O

I'll scan some more negs if people are interested and post them

Thanks again for the comments

Chris

R

Removed User 2

The second is great. I also love the 3rd; It's almost psychedelic...

Latest threads

Top Bottom