1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

NYC: The Brooklyn Bridge

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Dez Santana, Jul 2, 2008.

1. I met up with Shaun, of DPR, and his new D3 to snap the supposed "waterfalls art" in Lower Manhattan at night. These were taken with the D300 & 12-24mm, 17-55mm and 70-200mm f/2.8 (thanks Shaun). ISO 200.

Not bad for an "obsolete" camera, j/k :eek: 

15sec at f/11
    [​IMG]

20sec at f/11
    [​IMG]

8sec at f/11
    [​IMG]

20sec at f/13
    [​IMG]

10sec at f/13
    [​IMG]

25sec at f/11
    [​IMG]

Manhattan Bridge & Falls [1/100 at f/8]
    [​IMG]

Manhattan Bridge & Falls [15sec at f/11]
    [​IMG]

More here:
    http://photos.dezmix.com/p626781646/?photo=h27E420AA#894222138

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2008
  2. Great series Dez, even with a so called "obsolete" camera. If your is obsolete, then what are mine, ancient? Any-who, the first two of the set are beautiful. Of the 2, I like the first one and it is not b/c of it being b&w but rather the bridge is isolated more and it pops better in your shot (maybe b/c of its orientation, portrait rather than landscape). Well done on all your shots and thanks for sharing.

God Bless,
    David

3. These pictures are sweet. Good framing and the colors at night pop like fireworks.

4. Thanks David and Tiny!

5. PAReams

PAReams

Apr 4, 2007
    San Diego, CA
    Nice job-I love the first one in particular.

6. beautiful series Dez!

7. Thank. That 1st is my favorite as well :smile:

8. Thanks bud! Next time, you got to come out w/us :cool: 

9. Dez,

Great series. I really like the black & white images!

Glenn

10. Thank you Glenn :wink:

You don't like the color shots?

11. I have always like the Brooklyn Bridge in B&W. The first photo is my favorite.

12. Thanks Bill :D 

13. I like the color shots as well--particularly the second image in the series. But, the B&W ones are my favorite overall.

Nice work!

Glenn

14. Ken K

Ken K

Dec 10, 2007
    Cincinnati Ohio
    Another set of beautiful images, Dez.

15. Thank you Ken. It's appreciated :smile:

16. Great as always, man. I like the b&w's best myself. I get to NYC tomorrow. Maybe I'll see u around town. :C)

17. Thanks Bob! You picked a good day to visit. Have fun with the fireworks. Not sure where I will be :cool: 

18. frede

frede

Dec 9, 2006
    Princeton, NJ
    Very nice work Dez - all great but, the first one is just awesome.

19. Thank you Fred. That one and photo #2 are my personal favorites :biggrin:

20. Awesome series Dez!!! I have tried timed exposures before, but they sucked!! LMAO You pulled it off rather nicely!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.