NYC Westside View

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by czechmark, May 8, 2007.

1. [​IMG]
    A city pano from Hamilton Park, NJ. Thanks to RFCNIKON for the location.

Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2007
  2. All I see is a line. :confused:  :frown:

3. Now I can see it! :smile: That's quite the pano, how many shots did you combine?

4. Had me worried there for a minute.

Technical details:
    7 images with D200/18-200 VR lens on a monopod. 70mm - 1/250 at f11 ISO 100. Compiled with Canon (you should pardon the expression) Photo Stitch software that came with my P & S camera. My initial effort in this type of image but I found it very interesting.

5. JamesMor

JamesMor

Jun 28, 2005
    New York
    Hey,

Very nice shot. I have done a bunch of panos from NJ myself. It is amazing the view they get of Manhattan. Anyway, my one critique is that there appear to be stitch lines in the pano. I can see 6 of them.

Otherwise, it is a great shot....nicely done.

James

6. Thanks James,

How do you deal with stitch lines?

7. JamesMor

JamesMor

Jun 28, 2005
    New York
    Hi Paul,

As I see it, this means that there are slight differences between each exposure that are creating the division lines. There are a few different ways to deal with this. The first is to clone them out and use a bit of the healing brush to fine tune it. The second is to re-process the images so that they are identical in their color brightness and intensity.

James

8. Thanks for the information James, I'll give it a shot. Stay tuned.

Regards,

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.