NYC with D2x and ONE little lens

35mm f2 ALWAYS impresses me. D2x, of course speaks for itself. Here are a few from this weekend. I'm happy with the shot of the statue because it was quite dark in there and I managed a pretty sharp photo (1/30s ISO 800--man, the 800 and below noise on the D2x is impressive). The one with the woman in it may not mean much to you, but is pretty funny to me--it's my mother. The others I just thought were cool for the colors and shapes and such. Let me know what you think.
47770188.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 13872
View attachment 13873
View attachment 13874

Very nice photos, Pat. I love that last one.

The 35mm f/2 is indeed a sweet little lens, isn't it? Really performs well on the D2x.

Best wishes,

David

Hi Pat,

I like them all and I agree with David, that last shot is awesome. I'm assuming that it wasn't on a tripod, right?

Thanks for posting.

Thanks for looking. That lens/D2X combo RULES. No tripod, just cranked up the ISO a bit.

I too use the 35mm f/2 as my "on camera default" lens

Very sharp, it has an ever so slight tendency to allow blown highlights. We have extremely harsh sunlight here in Australia. When using it - I do have to under expose by about -0.3 EV

Very nice shots.

I do notice quite a halo on the first shot.. Sharpening ??? or my monitor .grrr ????

Hey Mom looks great :>)))

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom