NYC with D2x and ONE little lens

Discussion in 'Photojournalism, Candids and Street Photography' started by pbenedic, Aug 16, 2005.

1. pbenedic

pbenedic

Mar 9, 2005
    35mm f2 ALWAYS impresses me. D2x, of course speaks for itself. Here are a few from this weekend. I'm happy with the shot of the statue because it was quite dark in there and I managed a pretty sharp photo (1/30s ISO 800--man, the 800 and below noise on the D2x is impressive). The one with the woman in it may not mean much to you, but is pretty funny to me--it's my mother. The others I just thought were cool for the colors and shapes and such. Let me know what you think.

2. Very nice photos, Pat. I love that last one.

The 35mm f/2 is indeed a sweet little lens, isn't it? Really performs well on the D2x.

Best wishes,

David

3. Hi Pat,

I like them all and I agree with David, that last shot is awesome. I'm assuming that it wasn't on a tripod, right?

Thanks for posting.

4. pbenedic

pbenedic

Mar 9, 2005
    Thanks for looking. That lens/D2X combo RULES. No tripod, just cranked up the ISO a bit.

5. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Those are GREAT Pat! I really like the 35/2. It's so small too - makes for a perfect street camera size.

6. Hey Pat, you have really given us a slice of life in the big city. Thanks for sharing this excellent series. My favorite is the last one also.

7. Simon

Simon

Apr 30, 2005
    Sydney, Australia
    I too use the 35mm f/2 as my "on camera default" lens

Very sharp, it has an ever so slight tendency to allow blown highlights. We have extremely harsh sunlight here in Australia. When using it - I do have to under expose by about -0.3 EV

8. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Very nice shots.

I do notice quite a halo on the first shot.. Sharpening ??? or my monitor .grrr ????

Hey Mom looks great :>)))