NYIP

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TheKO, Jun 23, 2005.

1. TheKO

TheKO

May 3, 2005
    Tampa, FL
    Anyone here enrolled or completed the New York Institute of Photography (NYIP) course we see advertised in all of the photo magazines?

2. I wondered the same thing. I guess I forgot to ask....I will be interested in responses as well. I got there brochure packet or whatever but its either gonna work or its not worth it. It looks like a good program with great help and the tutors and everything but then again...it was just the brochure packet. Who knows what the actual thing is like.

3. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Local community colleges also give photography courses. And many, sensing that it is the twenty first century, offer digital photography and photoshop courses. Many even offer degrees or certificates in Photography.

I would recommend that over a mail-order outfit.

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Chris,

gotta agree with ya. Not that NYIP is not good. But hands on interaction is always better.

5. strobel

strobel

Apr 30, 2005
    Algonquin, IL
    I am doing the class now and I am in the second lesson. It is a little early to give full endorsement but I am pleased with the first two lessons. I did some research on this before paying and all the articles written stated, the class is a little outdated but well worth the money.

lets face it some things will never change as far as taking a picture. I will keep you posted as I get further along.

look at this page - http://www.betterphoto.com/reviews/reviewItemDetail.asp?viewAll=1&reviewItemID=1466&catID=65

Ron Strobel