O-MD E-M5 on a hike near Sedona, Arizona

I just returned from Sedona, Arizona. One day we went on the West Fork of Oak Creek hike. I opted to leave my DSLR and take the M4/3 on this 6 mile hike. I used the 14-42ii lens. It performed well in some challenging situations. It was in a canyon with lower light. It was a most beautiful hike and I'm glad the camera performed well so I have some nice memories of the beautiful scenery. You walk across the creek 13 times on this hike....lots of fun!!

p1559640250.png
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 1180246

View attachment 1180247

View attachment 1180248

View attachment 1180249

View attachment 1180250

View attachment 1180251

Great photos! Thanks for sharing, I am flying out next week to Arizona for a 8 day road trip with my dad. Can't wait, should be a great time.

Great photos! Thanks for sharing, I am flying out next week to Arizona for a 8 day road trip with my dad. Can't wait, should be a great time.

Have a great time. Here is the gallery of my trip. It is a work in progress. But might give you some ideas of things you want to see. The password is french.

http://terrif.zenfolio.com/p801288251

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
Just lovely, Terri! You're images are so clear and sharp - just wonderful...

I just came back from a wonderful trip to British Columbia, and took very few photos simply because I couldn't stand the weight of the gear I took w/me. With that in mind, I just pulled the trigger over at B&H on the Oly OM-D M5 with the 14-42mm. I also ordered the 40-150mm. This is, I think, going to be a great alternative to the DSLR. I won't be selling my gear, however. Instead, I've just given myself another option. If all works well, I'll be taking the Oly to Spain with me in September - stay tuned! :tongue:

Just lovely, Terri! You're images are so clear and sharp - just wonderful...

I just came back from a wonderful trip to British Columbia, and took very few photos simply because I couldn't stand the weight of the gear I took w/me. With that in mind, I just pulled the trigger over at B&H on the Oly OM-D M5 with the 14-42mm. I also ordered the 40-150mm. This is, I think, going to be a great alternative to the DSLR. I won't be selling my gear, however. Instead, I've just given myself another option. If all works well, I'll be taking the Oly to Spain with me in September - stay tuned! :tongue:

I think you will love having both systems. I'm not giving up my DSLR either, but love m4/3 for the times I want to go light. You might think about a couple of primes for the m4/3, too!!

Beautiful shots Terri.

Thanks, John. I can see why you like to vacation in Sedona. Do you drive there or fly there? If you drive, how long does it take you? With a detour because of a damaged road by Page, Arizona, it took us about 16 hours to get there. That's a lot of driving... We probably won't go there again for a while, so we tried to enjoy as much as we could while we were there.

I think you will love having both systems. I'm not giving up my DSLR either, but love m4/3 for the times I want to go light. You might think about a couple of primes for the m4/3, too!!

Right on, Terri. But you have the d300, d600, and OMD. When will you ever need the d600? You could trade it for a great u4/3 prime, like the sublime 75.

Right on, Terri. But you have the d300, d600, and OMD. When will you ever need the d600? You could trade it for a great u4/3 prime, like the sublime 75.

I am using the D600 a lot and absolutely love it. I just sold two DX lenses and bought two new FX lenses. I would love the 75, but have the wonderful 85 f1.4 on my D600. I think I am so lucky to have such wonderful gear. The D600 with the 24-120 was my main camera on my vacation. I still love my m4/3 gear but the IQ of my FX camera has it beat. But, when I want to go light, I can with my m4/3 gear. No more buying and selling of gear for a while for me!! Maybe next year I will buy the 75....I've spent enough for one year. Now it's time to spend money getting out and enjoying the gear that I have.

PS. Frank....I kept my D300 for two reasons. 1. I can have extra reach using my 70-200 should the need arise.

2. Amber doesn't have a backup camera for her D300S. She is keeping so busy with her photography business, I was afraid that the time might come when her camera would break down and she would need mine. I'm sure she has a LOT of shutter actuations on her camera. She is doing a session or two every day!!

Another senior moment. :redface: I meant to question why you're keeping the d300, not the d600. Your response answered the question.

Glad I'm not the only one having senior moments.:biggrin: I tried to sell the D300, but the prices are getting to be so low that I decided it was worth it to me to keep it rather than give it away. It wouldn't fetch enough for me to get a 75.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom