O what to do??

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by Mike Irish, Aug 27, 2008.

1. Mike Irish

Mike Irish

Jun 14, 2008
    Ireland
    I have just sold my D200 + Nikon 18/70 kit lens and grip so I have some spar lol to splash out on gear. I will keep my fab D300. My thoughts are as follows. To get the following sigma lenses, 24/70 f2.8 the 150 f2.8 macro and the 30/1.4. Or should I forget all about the lenses option and put the lol toads the D700?
    I also have the following lenses. Sigma 10/20 Sigma 105f2.8 Sigma macro. 55/500 big ma. Nikon 50mm f1.8. Nikon 85mm. f1.8 Nikon 24/120 vr. Nikon 70/200 2.8 vr.and the 300mm f2.8

O what should I do?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mike_irish/

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2008
  2. Wileec

Wileec Guest

Not enough info . . .

. . . for people to give an opinion.

Of utmost importance is what do you intend to photograph? What kinds of pics do you plan on taking? What time of day do you tend to/plan on shooting? Without more info - there is no way anyone can really give any meaningful feedback since we have no idea what the target is.

3. whyhan

whyhan

Jun 14, 2006
    SF Bay Area
    Your current lens collection screams FX :wink:

4. iLLMaCK

iLLMaCK Guest

I'd get the lenses.

5. I'd say go for the D700. You have some nice glass there, and the 700 will make great use of it. You may miss the "reach" of a DX body, but that should disappear the first time you shoot at high ISO.

6. Mike Irish

Mike Irish

Jun 14, 2008
    Ireland
    Well I thank you all for your replies but I am still in a quandary as what to do? I would love the D700. But I am also so impressed with all the reviewes on this forum in regards to the lenses option??
    But I was still going to hang on to my D300 as it is a cracking camera. I have the battery grip for it so I can achieve 8 frames per second. I like sport and wild life allot but I have three grand children now all under 7 years of age so I am having fun with candids and portrait as well. I almost forgot all about scenic shots. So I think that I will cover almost all aspects of photography. I also know that the D300 battery grip will work on the D700 but the problem is that with some of my lenses I could only shoot at 5 million pixels with the D700?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mike_irish/

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2008
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.