Ocktoberfest '08 - LR0868- 35/2 & 180 2.8

Discussion in 'Photo Meme' started by lr0868, Oct 2, 2008.

1. lr0868

lr0868

May 25, 2008
    henderson, nv
    A day late and hopefully not a dollar short...this sounds like fun so I am in:biggrin:

2. waltny

waltny

Mar 27, 2008
    Reno, NV
    Welcome, look forward to seeing your stuff.

3. lr0868

lr0868

May 25, 2008
    henderson, nv
    thanks I can't wait to start tomorrow

4. lr0868

lr0868

May 25, 2008
    henderson, nv
    day 1 180mm and 35mm

ok so I got a little happy with the 180mm and I am posting 3 pics. This is the first day with this lens and man I love it, the focal length is great and the IQ and bokeh superb...I think LOL

first 3 180mm f2.8

at f2.8...her face says it all...NOT happy with the early morning portrait mom

dsc_47412-1.jpg

at f4

dsc_47592.jpg

I took 2 perespectives of this shot one with the 180 and one with the 35mm, this is the 180mm at F8

dsc_4767_filtered2.jpg

and this taken with the 35mm at F8

dsc_4765_filtered2.jpg

5. waltny

waltny

Mar 27, 2008
    Reno, NV
    A good start.

Your dog looks like its saying you got 2 seconds to put that camera down and stop harassing me....

The flower shot is nice and dreamy

Are the two statue shots from the same location?
    I think I like the rendering of the second shot of the pair, almost looks lifelike.

6. Spectacular! I like them all, but the statue ones I like the best.
    I like both statue shots.:biggrin:

7. lr0868

lr0868

May 25, 2008
    henderson, nv
    thanks!

I was walking around wondering what the heck I was going to take a pic of with the 35mm and saw that little scene and loved it

8. Of course I always love a dog portrait. I also like #3. What a sweet face on the statue. However, I would have cleaned up what looks like spider webs on it. Your composition and DOF are excellent on this shot.

9. Lisa, btw, how do you get your dogs to sit still while you take pictures on your walks with them?
    I couldn't even think about doing that with Ella.
    She's go, go, go when it comes to her walks!
    And I get the stink-face look if I make her stop.

10. Hellooo. A bit of OB training would help. I take very few pics on walks, because my dogs are way down there and I have to bend down too much to get the shots. I do take a lot of shots in the yard while the dogs are playing or even just laying down for a rest.:Love:

11. waltny

waltny

Mar 27, 2008
    Reno, NV
    I think the spider webs add character to the shot. Now with that said, I would then take it B&W with an antique filter on it probally.

12. You're on fire, girl! The 180 shots are wonderful... and so is the 35 shot.

13. er, sorry, I should have specified. All the OB training in the world won't keep my dog from being focused on a squirrel, another dog, a cat...if it's furry and on four legs, my dog wants it. hahahaha.
    I probably *could* get pictures while out on a walk with her, but when I'm on a walk with her, I tend to feel I need to keep my eyes open to keep her in line.
    No, she wouldn't sit still if something else interested her more, but she IS a good dog and eager to please.:biggrin:

Again, great pictures, Lisa!

14. lr0868

lr0868

May 25, 2008
    henderson, nv

good point I will fix that thank you!

I make them sit and stay and then drop the leashes and step on them so the cannot go anywhere...they are getting used to the drill...I do need ot keep an eye out for cats which might make them pull me off my feet

that is what I thouhgt too, but I think I will clean them up then apply either the antique filter or the B& W thanks for the help

Thanks Frank!

15. I like the doggie. But then again, I'm biased.:biggrin:

16. Really like the first statue shot.

Craig

17. lr0868

lr0868

May 25, 2008
    henderson, nv
    thanks Rich

thanks Craig

here is the statue with an antique treatment and some cobwebs removed not all

dsc_4767_filtered2-1.jpg

18. lisa_h

lisa_h

Sep 6, 2008
    New England
    WOW Lisa. Fantastic.

19. Phillip Ino

Phillip Ino

Nov 26, 2007
    Austin
    Love the shot of your dog! :biggrin:

20. lr0868

lr0868

May 25, 2008
    henderson, nv
    thanks Phillip :)

one last one from today, taken with the 35mm at f8 iso500, gave it a small Topaz adjust treatment

DSC_4770.jpg