Ocktoberfest '08

Discussion in 'Photo Meme' started by waltny, Sep 1, 2008.

1. waltny

waltny

Mar 27, 2008
    Reno, NV
    Will we be doing the prime challenge for October this year?

2. Of course we will! :smile: I had such fun last year, I ended up doing a 366 project this year. It was boring during summer months but I am warming up again for the fall.

3. Jon Neely

Jon Neely

Sep 1, 2008
    Fresno, Ca
    oh wow, I got a whole load of primes... yeh!

Jon

4. FotoPhocus

FotoPhocus

Jun 15, 2008
    Woohoo! This will be fun!

5. KayB

KayB

Aug 17, 2007
    Puyallup, WA
    Oh good...I'll be in! I've skipped the past couple events...I'm looking forward to it!

6. waltny

waltny

Mar 27, 2008
    Reno, NV
    Well as we roll around to the middle of the month, I guess we/I should find out who "hosts" it and where announcement threads can be posted as stickies, similar to the collective shoot. Ill hit up 2 mods/admin that I know frequent this section a bit, more to follow from someone....

7. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Tim, I see it's that time of year again! If you need any administrative help, just holla!

I haven't decided yet if I will participate as a shooter or not, as it depends on prior photo commitments.

8. Thanks for posting this Tim. It is really no "big deal" to host the event for the month- I would be pleased if you would like to take on the role! There are plenty of us here who will be willing to help out if something is needed.
    I have a few primes and hope to be able to play again in Octoberfest- but this time I want to put myself out of my comfort zone and make things awkward- best way to learn IMHO.

9. waltny

waltny

Mar 27, 2008
    Reno, NV
    As for the rules, do we want to do the standard one prime challenge? Once we decide on this Ill see if we can get a sticky in the lens lust and general discussion forum. Cant wait Im deciding between 2 primes....

10. Almost stated that the Volksfest in Stuttgart is better. I will join this years Oktoberfest .

11. waltny

waltny

Mar 27, 2008
    Reno, NV
    Chris or Dave can we get a sticky in the lens lust and general discussion forum? I guess I should ask if I need to post one for you to sticky... Thanks for your help.

12. Hmmm I'm always up for a good prime challenge - might even try to shoot with my nifty fifty instead of my 300 (that puts me out of my comfort zone too)

13. Nice to see you'll have a DSLR ready in hand Paul. Hopefully you can keep it for the entire month!:eek: I remember your July Challenge.

Count me in for Octoberfest!

14. Gnome

Gnome

Mar 6, 2007
    Born in Europe
    Depending upon the rulz, am interested in joining in.

15. No worries there Randy - I'm not getting rid of my D300 anytime soon! hehe

16. so are we going to start threads soon? any idea of lenses people?

i'm torn between a sig 24/ 2.8 and a tam 90/ 2.5 any suggestions?

also i need an event pass for my boys baptism on the 26/10

17. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    If you want an announcement, write one up, post it anywhere (in this thread would be fine) and send me a PM with the address of the post you want turned into a sticky/announcement.

18. waltny

waltny

Mar 27, 2008
    Reno, NV
    Well I dont see why we can't start our threads. Guessing that since it is Oktoberfest it will be one prime. I got 2 lens I thinking of choosing between, one is a more "normal" lens and the other has been labled a "one trick pony" which I aim to show is not the case. Anyhow as for a mulligan dealing with your boy's baptism, I would say why not. I try to shoot at least 95% of the month with the choosen prime and make exceptions for myself on special occasions(going on a trip, birthday, wedding, etc). So with that Ill make a quick post on the rules and have Chris post it for us in the lens lust and general discussion area. Also if you got any pointers shoot'em this way, I guess Ill coordinate as I opened my yapper first.

19. waltny

waltny

Mar 27, 2008
    Reno, NV
    Roger that, we'll get hot on it.