Ocracoke Island sunset

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Baxter, Jul 8, 2007.

1. Baxter

Baxter

Jan 8, 2007
    Clemson, SC
    Just returned from a week at Ocracoke Island on the Outer Banks of North Carolina. Some "expert" named it America's best beach a few weeks ago. Wish he hadn't, but can't argue with the choice, having gone there for almost 40 years now. Was out after birds one evening but could not pass up this sunset.

[​IMG]

2. sharkync

sharkync Guest

The Outer Banks are something special aren't they? Your picture does them justice - nice work.

3. We love the Outer Banks. Been vacationing there for the past 10 years. This really captures the wonderful sunsets that can be seen there. Great photo.

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Beautiful

5. very very nice!!

6. Yes, very good

7. Baxter

Baxter

Jan 8, 2007
    Clemson, SC
    Thanks for looking and commenting everyone. It was a special vacation and I was happy to get a sunset shot that came out OK. I usually shoot them and toss them but this one had just the right elements in composition. Thanks again.

8. WOW!!!

We talked about going to Ocracoke last April, and I'm hoping that we can pull it together for this year. Your picture only increases that desire! :smile:

9. Baxter

Baxter

Jan 8, 2007
    Clemson, SC
    Do it if you can Gretchen. It has changed over the years but is still a special place. It is quite a haul to get out here but that just adds to the feeling of being someplace special.

10. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    Nice compostion !

Regards

RFC