Octoberfest '08-Birgit 200 f/4 micro & 60 2.8 micro

Discussion in 'Photo Meme' started by OHcorgis, Oct 1, 2008.

1. Rainy day today. Eric came to wash my windows and posed for a couple of shots with D300/200 f/4 micro. #1 was so underexposed I made it in black and white. And you know what? If you are willing to stand far enough away, this great lens takes nice portraits. No flash used, just window light. The best.

2904725813_263130f157_b.png

View attachment 261501

When it cleared a bit I went out to see what might be good with my 60 2.8 micro. I found some wild green apples.

View attachment 261502

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2008
  2. The green apple shot is very nice. Well done.

3. Stunning, as always, Brigit. I love the drop of water clinging to the apple!

4. Agreed, very nice.

5. Makes me want to take a bite. Nice!

6. Funny looking apple you have there Brigit. What's the variety of apple ?

7. Hi Guys. The apple is a wild green apple. Kind of really sour. They are small. I am surprised the deer have not eaten them off the tree. This tree had a huge crop of them.

Thank you for your comments. BTW, WTH is with the pink frames!!! I have to fix that for the next shots.

8. KayB

KayB

Aug 17, 2007
    Puyallup, WA
    I really like that green apple. I'm wondering how it would look cropped to a square.

9. The apple is my favourite. But I also like number one. I think I would make it square by cutting off some of the empty left.

10. Thanks, you are right especially in this case, the left side is irrelevant.

I wanted to keep the pretty branch below. What I should have done is bring a scissors with me and cut of the stupid leaf in front. Very distracting. Thank you for your comment.

11. KayB

KayB

Aug 17, 2007
    Puyallup, WA

I totally agree. That's what I was thinking...frame the bottom of the shot with the branch and crop from the top. Not sure if there is room, so it might not work.

12. Day 2

I fudged a little. Took these last evening and I am glad. It is freezing and rainy out and I have tons left to do today.

60mm handheld

2906827049_771f96a4be_b.png

Reflections

2906814407_5edc91cfc8_b.png

And in black/white

View attachment 261505

13. sahlstrom

sahlstrom

Dec 6, 2007
    Sweden
    The first one was stunning!

14. KayB

KayB

Aug 17, 2007
    Puyallup, WA
    That was my exact thought when I saw that picture! A "wow" shot.

15. Me three, that makes it official!

16. Count me in: "Wow!" :smile:

17. yep the leaf really works

18. Great leave shot! Very nice.

19. One of the best I've seen!

20. #2 (reflections) is ghostly. Halloween-ish!