Octoberfest 2013 - Italy74 - D600 - Zeiss ZF2 3.5/18 - Day 26

Good to see you here - I'm really looking forward to following your thread

You could go the player way and add one more of your other fine ZFs - then you could play along from the 1st.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well as I said in the enrollment page, i'm willing to ask for a pass in the week i'll be away but otherwise i want to work for a while with that lens
Ps the problem of my being a Zeiss fanboy is that i'm really a fan but no longer a boy lol

Hmm... I was thinking about a tele too, but then... do I want to lug around 200mm for a whole month exclusively? I dunno yet - still not - what to do. Maybe I'll remove a zero (which will make for 20mm, ror me an almost never used focal length, I could learn a lot maybe).

I still got time to decide.

Real Name
Chris
Well as I said in the enrollment page, i'm willing to ask for a pass in the week i'll be away but otherwise i want to work for a while with that lens
Ps the problem of my being a Zeiss fanboy is that i'm really a fan but no longer a boy lol
Your pass has been granted. That makes you a Fan-Man Dino! :Unsure::BigGrin::Crunk:

An eighteen millimeter is no walk in the park - but I've followed your work for a while, so this is gonna be instructive and ... good!

Welcome to this year's 'fest 13 Dino. Hmmm! nice! looking forward to you thread.
Best wishes and good luck.

Graham

To tell the truth, last year I bought one (the Ikon, plus a 35/2) but unfortunately the lack of good printing labs made me basically give up with film (here), besides I'm not sure I'd have been able to afford both ZF and ZM systems.. hey, I still have to feed a family and pay a home loan !!!
Thus after a while, I resold the Ikon and the 35 and got the 25/2.

EDIT: please note I DO still have DISTAGON 2/35 ZF: what I sold was BIOGON 2/35 ZM - different lens and different mount.
I sold it with the Ikon to afford the more expensive 25/2 I still have.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting! I've sold my 35/2 also and dunno why. But it's not "my" fl, I think.

Well, it was a long time I was looking for an ultra wide angle and as everything happens with every new thing now I'm eager to try and test extensively.. I did it for 100, the 35, the 25 and a bit less so with the 50 because it was a focal length I knew very well - and btw it looks to me even crisper / sharper than the 100 if ever possible, at least my copy.

Dino a month in 18mm, here i was thinking i set my self a bit of a task. that is the same as me shooting 11-12mm on Dx for a month, this will be interesting

Yay ! :biggrin:
The dealer just sent me a message over fb telling me the rep has the 18 at hands, so I think in a few days it should be here ! :866:

It's worth to mention today it's 14 yrs I'm married and yesterday it was 22 yrs I met my wife - my one and only gf ever.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom