Octoberfest 2015 - registration and discussion thread

All right everyone - one more day for any discussion and changes to the proposed rules for the month.

I believe questions asked have been answered - if one was missed please shout out so we can get an answer for you.

It begins. In just a couple of days.

Are you ready?

:snaphappy:

And... speaking of manual focus and adapted glass. Hi Aaron! Is that an SL 90/3.5 APO off to the side? :D
Yes, Gordon. One of the famous ones ;) It's all about gear and bokeh...
You've choosen two nice lenses in your thread! Congrats.

I had the same thoughts - as it is quite a challenge and time consuming as fons states
But it is quite fun too and a tradition - please join friends :)
You're so damn right, Morten! Let's make it happen

OK - I'll be out of town 2 - 5 October. I will have camera gear and should be able to get some images, but not sure about interwebs access. May have to wait until I return to view/ respond to everyone's posts and post my own.

Real Name
Morten
OK - I'll be out of town 2 - 5 October. I will have camera gear and should be able to get some images, but not sure about interwebs access. May have to wait until I return to view/ respond to everyone's posts and post my own.

Have a nice trip - and thanks for getting this thread up and running (y)

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
Farewell my friend...
Have a nice trip...
Come home safely...
All of us will miss you...

Sniff...
Klaus

Pathetic mode off

Since there has been no further discussion on the rules, I'll change them to "final" when I get back later today. And I'll update the thread with a list of participants. :)

This sounds like great fun but sadly, I am not going to have the time this year. I hope I can finish my 52 week project as I am mostly done with it but I fear life is getting in the way again. Next year I hope to be able to do this.

Real Name
Eamonn
Hello all

Is it too late to join?

I attempted this last year but it went belly up (translation = went badly:(). I lasted until day 17. I was travelling in Germany & Switzerland for work, Portugal for 2 days for holiday and 1 week in Spain for the rest of the holiday. I was using (or trying to) a borrowed D90 with a 50mm 1.8D. I was shooting JPEG in camera and trying to post from my iPad. Irregular internet access. I got fed up. I also felt crap. 2 weeks later I had a cholecystectomy (gall bladder removal). Haven't shot much since and haven't visited the cafe since. My avatar has disappeared too!!??

I would like to go player with:-
35mm 1.8G (fx)
50mm 1.8G
85mm 1.8G
Tokina 100mm 2.8 Macro
300mm f/4 AF-S D

Mightn't use all of them but keeping my options open.

Is it one body?

If so I'll use D700
If not I'll use the D810 also

Kind regards,

Eamonn.
Ireland.

I am really trying to get my photography back to life and I'm hoping this challenge will be just what I need to do that. So please count me in.

Lenses:
55mm f2.8 AIS Macro
105mm f4 AIS Macro
200mm f4 AI

Cameras:
Nikon D2H
Nikon D3100

Thanks

Hello all

Is it too late to join?

I attempted this last year but it went belly up (translation = went badly:(). I lasted until day 17. I was travelling in Germany & Switzerland for work, Portugal for 2 days for holiday and 1 week in Spain for the rest of the holiday. I was using (or trying to) a borrowed D90 with a 50mm 1.8D. I was shooting JPEG in camera and trying to post from my iPad. Irregular internet access. I got fed up. I also felt crap. 2 weeks later I had a cholecystectomy (gall bladder removal). Haven't shot much since and haven't visited the cafe since. My avatar has disappeared too!!??

I would like to go player with:-
35mm 1.8G (fx)
50mm 1.8G
85mm 1.8G
Tokina 100mm 2.8 Macro
300mm f/4 AF-S D

Mightn't use all of them but keeping my options open.

Is it one body?

If so I'll use D700
If not I'll use the D810 also

Kind regards,

Eamonn.
Ireland.

Welcome!
It's not too late, it's still September. But for your lenses, pls. make your decision, acc. to the rules:
"Player – 2 or 3 primes for the month." Thanks.

Latest threads

Top Bottom