Critique Octoberfest 2018 – Kry27 – D3&200/2 – Day 31

Returning to the office on Monday, checking the calendar, and... oouuuups! It's October! When back home, I got the camera out, attached the lens, and decided to participate :)

Day 1
New home's kitchen

of_2018_01.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

And "husband's kitchen" for a contrast. (well, I've got to say, I do the 'real' cooking quite often and I like doing so.) And so did I like doing all the planning for the kitchen, my workshop... which is still "under construction".

Day 2
Hang around

of_2018_02.jpg

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
Roland, thank you for joining.
It's a pleasure to see you again.

You have not forgotten to take wonderful pictures.

Kind regards
Klaus

Real Name
Paul
Returning to the office on Monday, checking the calendar, and... oouuuups! It's October! When back home, I got the camera out, attached the lens, and decided to participate :)

Day 1
New home's kitchen

View attachment 1623161
I like the shot!

And "husband's kitchen" for a contrast. (well, I've got to say, I do the 'real' cooking quite often and I like doing so.) And so did I like doing all the planning for the kitchen, my workshop... which is still "under construction".

Day 2
Hang around

View attachment 1623162
Argh, Argh, ARGH! TOOLS!!!! I just hope you don't mix them up and cook with them. :)

Day 2
Hang around

View attachment 1623162
Both kitchens are colorful and well-shot, Roland. I'm comfortable with the kitchen utensils, but it looks like you've got some pretty purposeful tools hanging on that wall! Wouldn't want to be a pipe or a wire.

Phil K

Real Name
Phil
Day 1 - Great reflections and angle.

Day 2 - I like the colours and the neat composition.

I like the shot!

Argh, Argh, ARGH! TOOLS!!!! I just hope you don't mix them up and cook with them. :)
Know your tools - I haven't had that problem, so far. But then, people stare at me when I wind up Spaghetti using my pliers...

Both kitchens are colorful and well-shot, Roland. I'm comfortable with the kitchen utensils, but it looks like you've got some pretty purposeful tools hanging on that wall! Wouldn't want to be a pipe or a wire.
As long as you are no hose ("Schlauch" is a bit of an insult, here, for a person who is... Ein Schlauch...)

Day 1 - Great reflections and angle.

Day 2 - I like the colours and the neat composition.
Thank you, Phil

Nice tools contrast in 1 and 2.
Thank you

It's my pleasant duty to announce a jubilee today. My Model S, serving me well over the last 38 months, has passed the milestone of 62137,12 miles or 3,28 x 10^8 feet today.

100k.jpg

("Ewiger Verbrauch" is my counter for the lasting consumption since acquiring the car)

So I decided to stop, get out and take a picture of the workhorse:

Day 100'000
What old farts look like

of_2018_03.jpg

Phil K

Real Name
Phil
Lovely capture! I love my ride everyday. My mileage is much lower than yours though.

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
Roland!!!

It's great to see you again, and how is everyone? Now I know that this Ocktoberfest will include photos of my baby, right????? :D

You are off to a fantastic start. I absolutely love your depth of field in the second image and that car - ohhh my! If you sent that over to me, I certainly wouldn't mind, LOL! :p

Off to a strong start, young man. Good to hear (and see) that the new kitchen is to your liking and the workshop looks as if it is coming along as well.

I'm not a car guy at all (don't even own one) but I am intrigued by the idea of Tesla (and vehicles like them). Not sure if the company is in the best hands as creative people should often limit the scope of their input to the product side and not to the whole operational side of a company. Your car looks fantastic - good to hear that you still enjoy it.

Looking every bit as beautiful as the day it was delivered, Roland. As one of the first off the line, it's nice to see that it is holding up. Now for 200,000!

Lovely capture! I love my ride everyday. My mileage is much lower than yours though.
Enjoy, mate! Every mile counts :D
Roland!!!

It's great to see you again, and how is everyone? Now I know that this Ocktoberfest will include photos of my baby, right????? :D

You are off to a fantastic start. I absolutely love your depth of field in the second image and that car - ohhh my! If you sent that over to me, I certainly wouldn't mind, LOL! :p
We are doing alright and everybody has moved extremely well to the new house. Both children, we were surprized. Felt home in no time. Maybe I can catch one of them for you ...

Off to a strong start, young man. Good to hear (and see) that the new kitchen is to your liking and the workshop looks as if it is coming along as well.

I'm not a car guy at all (don't even own one) but I am intrigued by the idea of Tesla (and vehicles like them). Not sure if the company is in the best hands as creative people should often limit the scope of their input to the product side and not to the whole operational side of a company. Your car looks fantastic - good to hear that you still enjoy it.
Thank you, Buddy.

täThat is my very first car, I am no car guy neither. But if I have to... than that one. Would never change...

Looking every bit as beautiful as the day it was delivered, Roland. As one of the first off the line, it's nice to see that it is holding up. Now for 200,000!
... and run it to 500'000... ;):)

Good one cannot see all the dents and ditches in that image :ROFLMAO:

Real Name
Paul
It's my pleasant duty to announce a jubilee today. My Model S, serving me well over the last 38 months, has passed the milestone of 62137,12 miles or 3,28 x 10^8 feet today.

View attachment 1623186
("Ewiger Verbrauch" is my counter for the lasting consumption since acquiring the car)

So I decided to stop, get out and take a picture of the workhorse:

Day 100'000
What old farts look like

View attachment 1623187
Beautiful! It looks like you had perfect lighting for the shot. Congratulations on the “milestone” or is it meterstone? :)

Just over 62k miles...not bad, but not too much. One of my cars is close to 180k miles. Of course, it is quite old, a 1995 BMW.

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
We are doing alright and everybody has moved extremely well to the new house. Both children, we were surprized. Felt home in no time. Maybe I can catch one of them for you ...
That's right - babies!! I completely forgot I had another! Indeed, they must both be caught so I can see them! :D

Doesn't look so old to me! Well done.

It will be interesting to see how long these vehicles last. Electric motors, as we know, tend to last for very long times (we're still using a 30-year-old refrigerator and a 48-year-old freezer). Something else will probably go first.
Yes - the power train will last for a long time, I suppose. But the rest of it is just 'normal car stuff' from the normal providers - even though they chose more stable components. The battery should have lost around 3-5% of its original capacity after 100'000 km, maybe. But I cannot measure, nor feel that. It's unimportant anyway, as degeneration rate will slow down over time and it still is way enough.

Beautiful! It looks like you had perfect lighting for the shot. Congratulations on the “milestone” or is it meterstone? :)

Just over 62k miles...not bad, but not too much. One of my cars is close to 180k miles. Of course, it is quite old, a 1995 BMW.
Sure you guys drive further. For Switzerland, that's different, as everything is just around the corner.

Wonderful shot and milestone. Only 400,000 more to go to meet your goal! :D
I hope so :)

That's right - babies!! I completely forgot I had another! Indeed, they must both be caught so I can see them! :D
I'll try my best... ;)

Latest threads

Top Bottom