Critique Octoberfest 2018 – Kry27 – D3&200/2 – Day 31

Coming home, I realised I had not yet taken a pictue of that specific piece of decoration. It's an arch for roses, but they've yet to grow. Here and there, we arranged such bundles of japanese cherry or hazel rods in our garden - be it in the pergola, be it here. We're a bit into wood and rust...

Day 9 - Birdies

View attachment 1623766

That 200/2 really has beautiful bokeh.

6 - outdoor fondue - had never thought about that. Cool.

7 - Neat burn on the piece of wood, good colors.

8 - neat landscape, shaggy cattle.

9 - I'll bet that will look wonderful once the roses fill in.

Really enjoying your thread, Roland. A happy belated birthday! With such mild weather it would be a shame to eat fondue indoors at the moment.
The children are certainly growing up and it is nice to see a few of the local landmarks.

Really nice shot, with the color contrast and composition.
Thank you!

That 200/2 really has beautiful bokeh.
Oh yes, Pa.

6 - outdoor fondue - had never thought about that. Cool.

7 - Neat burn on the piece of wood, good colors.

8 - neat landscape, shaggy cattle.

9 - I'll bet that will look wonderful once the roses fill in.
Yes, I agree, can't wait for the roses to bloom next season.

Really enjoying your thread, Roland. A happy belated birthday! With such mild weather it would be a shame to eat fondue indoors at the moment.
The children are certainly growing up and it is nice to see a few of the local landmarks.
Thank you, David.

D9 - very beautiful image with the creamy background.
:) I love it for that.

Nothing special today, fall back theme: Coming home, I sneaked into the garden, as I could hear Mayla speaking. She had not realized I was there, yet:

Day 10 - Heavy duty
Pushing that thing through the grass just for fun

of_2018_10.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Then she spotted me -> Bucket​

Nice capture... she's really focused on her job... :)
Yes - that's always the case if she chooses her jobs by herself. Would mama or papa say to do so... well, not so much ;)
At that age they don't think it's work.
Exactly. She has her own standards, already.

Great capture. Priceless.
Thank you!

Beautiful lighting on this Roland. Good eye!
Thank you, Harry. Yes, that evening light made me stop, and saved Day 8 for me ;)

Interesting arbor and very nice photo, Roland.
:D

Oh yeah...
Brothers can be exhaustive ;):):D

Well shot
Klaus
I know, I got one :)

Sorry, I have to catch up - both posting my own images, and replying to your threads. I had a lot to do in the evening, both funny (playing badminton with my brother, yesterday) and less so (a. organizing of who and when will help the rest home with my mother, suffering from Alzheimer's and not going very well by now, and b. all the planning and the application for construction permit, as we want to add a carport).

I will certainly catch up. So far:

Day 11 - Spotted a cow on my way home

of_2018_11.jpg

That's the restaurant and guesthouse across the street from where I work. We go there for lunch whenever we have guests for business meetings. The cuisine is excellent, medalled by Gault Millau, and the head chef has also won the "2002 World Barbecue Championships" held in San Diego - helpful for those who like grilled meat, at the outdoor events in summer.

The plaque on the wall says that in 1779, the Duke of Weimar (GER) and his privy councillor and poet laureate Johann Wolfgang von Goethe found a doss, there.

Day 12 - Goldenes Kreuz
(the golden cross)

of_2018_12.jpg

Sorry, I have to catch up - both posting my own images, and replying to your threads. I had a lot to do in the evening, both funny (playing badminton with my brother, yesterday) and less so (a. organizing of who and when will help the rest home with my mother, suffering from Alzheimer's and not going very well by now, and b. all the planning and the application for construction permit, as we want to add a carport).

View attachment 1624014

And a yellow cow, to boot! Good catch.

That's the restaurant and guesthouse across the street from where I work. We go there for lunch whenever we have guests for business meetings. The cuisine is excellent, medalled by Gault Millau, and the head chef has also won the "2002 World Barbecue Championships" held in San Diego - helpful for those who like grilled meat, at the outdoor events in summer.

The plaque on the wall says that in 1779, the Duke of Weimar (GER) and his privy councillor and poet laureate Johann Wolfgang von Goethe found a doss, there.

Day 12 - Goldenes Kreuz
(the golden cross)

View attachment 1624015

That does look like an interesting restaurant. I would like to visit some time.

Real Name
Paul

View attachment 1624014
What an unusual item to see in a window.

Day 12 - Goldenes Kreuz
(the golden cross)

View attachment 1624015
Ah, so the cow (bull?) makes more sense now. What an interesting looking building. Would love to see some day shots too.

Nothing special today, fall back theme: Coming home, I sneaked into the garden, as I could hear Mayla speaking. She had not realized I was there, yet:

Day 10 - Heavy duty
Pushing that thing through the grass just for fun

View attachment 1623823

Then she spotted me -> Bucket​

Roland you've been capturing some wonderful memories for the family album.

View attachment 1624014

Cool cow. A "Yellow Cab" looking cow. Best of wishes for you and your family, dealing with aging parents and their health issues can be quite stressful for all involved.

Day 12 - Goldenes Kreuz
(the golden cross)

View attachment 1624015

Nice. Makes me want to stop in for a bite.

Phil K

Real Name
Phil
D11 - Very bright colours, and nice cow.

D12 - A beautiful old house, and very nice evening light.

Latest threads

Top Bottom