Share Octoberfest Refugee Postings

I had to bail on the project because of a travel opportunity and, since my travel kit is zoom-centric, I can't post any shots from the trip in a 'fest thread. So here is one from last week with maybe others to follow. Postings from other "zoomers" are welcome (in case you couldn't shoot all prime all the time). :)

_DSC1446_2a.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:
Thanks, all. I updated the image because my sleep-deprived eyes missed a rather obvious issue. If you didn't see it, never mind. :)

That's beautiful! Yes, I have also been shooting with my other lenses that aren't part of the Octoberfest project, but I've been using some of them in my 52 Weeks Project so they are not going to waste. By the time I do shooting for both things, not much left over!
Oh c'mon, you can surely find one to throw over the fence here... ?

Right now, I'm a little too busy.....!!!! Shooting something fresh, new and hopefully interesting everyday with one of three lenses (I often press all three into service in the hopes of getting a nice image) in order to fulfill the requirements of the Octoberfest project, plus also shooting for my 52-Weeks' project is keeping me plenty busy enough! Not to mention looking at and commenting on the images that everyone else participating in the Octoberfest project is shooting and sharing, too, and responding to comments on my own images shared there.....

Unless someone has actually participated in a project such as this Octoberfest one, I don't think they realize just how time-consuming it actually is, and how challenging. Since most people have other things to also do in their lives, it can be a bit overwhelming to add even one more thing on top of this. A few people have dropped out along the way and that is not surprising.

Last edited:
Right now, I'm a little too busy.....!!!! Shooting something fresh, new and hopefully interesting everyday with one of three lenses (I often press all three into service in the hopes of getting a nice image) in order to fulfill the requirements of the Octoberfest project, plus also shooting for my 52-Weeks' project is keeping me plenty busy enough! Not to mention looking at and commenting on the images that everyone else participating in the Octoberfest project is shooting and sharing, too, and responding to comments on my own images shared there.....
Hey, I was just poking you a bit. I became very aware of the time sink that the Fest can be, which I why I chose to drop out when the chance to travel came my way—I just didn't think there would be enough hours in the day. I can't even imagine trying to manage two projects at once. Thanks for taking the time to respond here. Good luck.

Thanks! I honestly don't know how some people are managing to juggle their real-time responsibilities in addition to the Octoberfest! I'm retired, have no pressing family responsibilities, and even at that at times am feeling the pressure. That said, even though at times it's felt stressful I really have also been enjoying the challenge of Octoberfest and have definitely learned more about each of the three lenses I've been using for this.

Sunrise over the ocean is not something one can tire of quickly, at least not this someone.

Beach Pano.jpg

I sometimes envy the birds on days like this but I wouldn't trade places with them when the weather turns.

_DSC1862.jpg

Very nice images, Howard. I have barely touched a zoom this month (just one quick portrait session). Yours seem to be working just fine.
Thanks. I actually did pack a prime but never mounted it. I rely on the 24-120 and 70-300 almost exclusively when traveling. I've read negative comments about both lenses but they're perfect for what I do.

_DSC1891b.jpg

Last edited:
I want to print some of the pix from the trip, but a few of them have problematic colors that trigger the gamut warning in Photoshop, sometimes to a large degree. What's my best bet to output such files?

Real Name
Andy
I want to print some of the pix from the trip, but a few of them have problematic colors that trigger the gamut warning in Photoshop, sometimes to a large degree. What's my best bet to output such files?
If your monitor is calibrated and you’ve processed them to your taste, I would just proceed with a small print as a proof to see for yourself.

If your monitor is calibrated and you’ve processed them to your taste, I would just proceed with a small print as a proof to see for yourself.
Yeah, that's an option, thanks.

Now, a mystery. Of the profiles I have, this one:

9880_Metal_White_sublime_trupix.icm

appears to retain almost all of the gamut BUT I have no idea where it came from. I can't even find it on my system, yet it's present in Photoshop. Weird.

Real Name
Andy
Yeah, that's an option, thanks.

Now, a mystery. Of the profiles I have, this one:

9880_Metal_White_sublime_trupix.icm

appears to retain almost all of the gamut BUT I have no idea where it came from. I can't even find it on my system, yet it's present in Photoshop. Weird.
I have downloaded and saved quite a few color profiles supplied by various print labs to optimize for their products. Perhaps you’ve done that at some point as well?

^ Yes, I'm sure that's the case. The name implies it's a dye sub, metal print profile—if I could only find the source. My searches have returned zilch, including those of my own computer. I can't find the blasted thing, but in PS, there it is...

Last edited:

Latest threads

Top Bottom