off camera flash shoe

Discussion in 'Other Cool Gear, Camera Bags, Camera Straps' started by Cope, May 28, 2007.

1. Cope

Cope

Apr 5, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    I already have a couple of umbrellas, stands and clamps, but I need a source for a non-metallic flash shoe with a 1/4-20 thread that I can use to mount my SB800 to the umbrella bracket.

2. Cope

Cope

Apr 5, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    Rick

Thanks for the link. I did several seaches at B&H and came up empty handed. I modified an old Spiratone swivel mount by adding a couple of layers of electrical tape, but I still need one more.

3. You'll have a better chance of finding one if you repost on the Lighting forum.

I prefer using the AS-19 stands that come with the sb600/800. I can send you one of the aluminum ones that came with my umbrella brackets, but you'll need to tape it, and it doesn't provide a very good grip. I know because my strobe fell out of it and hit the ground. Fortunately the ground was covered by soft grass, or I'd be out $350.

4. Cope

Cope

Apr 5, 2007
    Houston, Texas

Uncle Frank, I sent you an email. Thanks.

5. It hasn't shown up. Try resending it to "fdrphoto@gmaildotcom"

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.