off camera flash shoe

I already have a couple of umbrellas, stands and clamps, but I need a source for a non-metallic flash shoe with a 1/4-20 thread that I can use to mount my SB800 to the umbrella bracket.

Rick

Thanks for the link. I did several seaches at B&H and came up empty handed. I modified an old Spiratone swivel mount by adding a couple of layers of electrical tape, but I still need one more.

You'll have a better chance of finding one if you repost on the Lighting forum.

I prefer using the AS-19 stands that come with the sb600/800. I can send you one of the aluminum ones that came with my umbrella brackets, but you'll need to tape it, and it doesn't provide a very good grip. I know because my strobe fell out of it and hit the ground. Fortunately the ground was covered by soft grass, or I'd be out $350.

You'll have a better chance of finding one if you repost on the Lighting forum.

I prefer using the AS-19 stands that come with the sb600/800. I can send you one of the aluminum ones that came with my umbrella brackets, but you'll need to tape it, and it doesn't provide a very good grip. I know because my strobe fell out of it and hit the ground. Fortunately the ground was covered by soft grass, or I'd be out $350.

Uncle Frank, I sent you an email. Thanks.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom