1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Off Camera - My Strobist Attempt

Discussion in 'General flash photography, lighting, and technique' started by paradiddle, Jul 8, 2007.

1. paradiddle

paradiddle

Jun 1, 2007
    U.S.A
    Here is a test from this weekend. This is using a direct flash and my light stand is a 9 year old. Also in the picture is a 5 year old that is crying (cropped out). It was all I could do to get them to be still long enough to try and take a few shots.

[​IMG]

2. Nothing fantastic but still a huge difference from "normal" flash shots . The average person would immediately think it was just a light from the side .
    Keep going and share the results .

3. 12 year olds make better light stands, but a 9 year old will do if they stand on a chair or have long arms :) .

You created a lovely background for the portrait.

4. chemisti

chemisti

May 24, 2007
    McKinney, TX
    Excellent - you've got to start somewhere! I suspect that many "First Strobist" shots are just this basic (I know mine were) - BUT you have opened a whole new world of possibilities with off-camera flash!

Look forward to more!

5. Good start, keep it up.

6. paradiddle

paradiddle

Jun 1, 2007
    U.S.A
    Thanks to all. I really want at least one more flash, SU-800 and a couple light stands and umbrella.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.