Off to Korea

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by F15Todd, Jul 18, 2007.

1. F15Todd

F15Todd

Feb 1, 2005
    Tennessee
    I'm off to Korea tomorrow! Not for my move, that happens in Nov, but for a little business trip until the 29th of July. I'm not looking forward to the 12+ hour flight over there at all. I'm taking my little Nikon S3, but don't know if I will have time to get off base and take any pictures other then a few snapshots from around the base. It will be nice to get to see the place to prep me for my move over there in Nov.

2. gadgetguy11

gadgetguy11

Nov 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    Todd,

I hope you have a good trip, and look forward to hearing from you whenever you have the chance to post!

3. Have a good trip Todd....

Take a laptop and process (all) those images you have been wanting to get at during your flight....:smile:

4. Time really flies Todd, it seems only a few months ago that you moved to Idaho and here you are contemplating your move to Korea. I hope you will post a few pictures of this trip.

5. Hey Todd I spent a year in Kunsan AB, Korea, it’s definitely an interesting place to visit. Hopefully the Cherry Blossoms are in full bloom. Be sure to walk around town with someone who is stationed there and knows the best places to visit. Try to squeeze in a visit to a martial arts school and an orphanage. There are lots of great places to shop there and I’m sure you’ll come back with a few interesting souvenirs.

Which base are you TDY to?

6. If it's Osan, there was a lot of nice shopping just off base. We used to make trips over there from Yokota AB, Japan, once or twice a year. Wonder if Mr Lee still makes custom dress shirts? I'd love to see some pix as it's been 15 years or so since I was over there.

Have a GREAT time ... and thanks for taking the time out of your life to protect the rest of us.

Cheers!!

Ken

7. If its Osan you can just walk off-base and be in the thick of the shopping market. At Kunsan we had to take a bus downtown.

In case its a great place to get just about anything made. I'd like to take a trip out there just to get few suits made at Mr Kims.

8. One more thing!! Stay away from the Barber shops downtown.

9. Safe travels Todd. Having spent a year in Taejon I came to really like the country. I will look for your shots from this short trip

10. haze2

haze2

Mar 18, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Have a great trip Todd. Thanks again for the great glass!

11. Todd, have a great trip. I spent a couple of weeks in Chinhae at the Naval Base while in College on an exchange program with Korean Naval students...never did get used to the fish head soup :eek:

12. F15Todd

F15Todd

Feb 1, 2005
    Tennessee
    Well after a very nice flight from San Francisco to Seoul, I paid for the upgrade to business class (Gov will only pay for us to ride in the back with the chickens), and a two hour bus ride to the base, I got to my room. Just hooking everything us and going to take a shower and watch a little of THE OPEN, before I call an end to this long day of travel.

13. glad you are there safe. Business class makes all the diff!