1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Off to Melville

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR Forum' started by RKnecht, Sep 15, 2008.

1. Well, originally I thought it was just me. But after developing an orange line behind the glass of the LCD screen, my D3 is off to Nikon. My main issue is AF (believe it or not). Even after the firmware update, the camera's AF is just "off". To say that it back focuses is an understatement. So bad that it can't even be corrected with the internal adjustments. I never realized how bad it was until I used my D2x this weekend. I was shooting a dog show and I was just not getting the results I am used to. Almost every shot was soft. to a degree So I started using the D2x and my problems went away instantly.

Still in denial, I tried both the 300 2.8 and the 70-200 VR on the D3 with similar, soft, crappy results. I'm kind of disgusted at the moment, as I really use the D3 A LOT. I sure hope Melville doesn't let me down on this one. They have been great in the past.

2. Bummer. I hope Melville gets it corrected ASAP.

3. Sorry to hear this! Hope it comes back quickly, please keep us updated!

4. BarryS

BarryS

Dec 12, 2006
    Narberth, PA
    I stole it from your fedex guy haha. Hope it come back soon but i mean you still have the d2x which you love anyway.

5. scooptdoo

scooptdoo Guest

whats with the orange line behind the lcd?

6. BarryS

BarryS

Dec 12, 2006
    Narberth, PA
    Rich tends to put his cameras down in the grass my guess is its a worm. Kidding, he really isn't sure what it is.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.